Wednesday 20 September 2017

Eileen Hull Needle Book

A little project created just for fun using Eileen Hull's Needle Book Die.
I combined Eileen's Needle Book Die with Visible Image Stamps and Tim Holtz paints and stencil.
 I die cut my book from mountboard.
Lightly brayered Squeezed Lemonade and Weathered Wood Distress Paint onto the background of the book, adding a light layer of paint to both the inside and outside of the book, leaving some white spaces visible.
I applied Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to Tim Holtz Numeric Layering Stencil, pressing the inkpad directly onto the stencil and then spritzed with water.
Lay the Stencil ink side down onto the die cut piece and dab with a piece of kitchen towel and then remove the stencil.
Dry the ink with a heat tool.
As I used an eye stamp on the cover I thought Braille Paper as the pages was the perfect paper to add to the inside.
I added the eye stamp to both the front and back covers and added some white highlights with a Posca Paint Pen.
I added a Tim Holt\ Monocle over the eye to embellish and added Remnant Rubs 'look within' to the Monocle.
Tim Holtz Eye Chart Layering Stencil was used to to add letters flowing from the bottom of the eye image. I also added a vintage pen nib for added interest.
I added a little red heart I cut from paper along with some delicate red splatters of paint.
This was a fun little piece to create.

Thanks for stopping by. Tracy x x


12 comments:

Marci said...

I like the stamping and stenciling!

Lisa H said...

this is so cool, I love it Tracy! That braille paper inside is genius.

Redanne said...

Totally stunning Tracy! I really love the subtle background stencilling and the monocle and eye are such great additions. The Braille paper just looks amazing! Hugs, Anne xx

R's Rue said...

Great.

Jackie PN said...

What a clever book! Eye get it! heehee
Love everything about this Tracy- you rock these dies!
Jackie xx

Tammy said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. I must try this!

Amanda said...

Love this one Tracy
Love
Amanda x

hazel said...

I love this Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

Pamellia said...

What a wonderful book Tracy! I love the colour palette, so vintage and subtle. Your aging technique is fantastic, looks so authentic! Great choice of stamps and the touches of red really pop! I love how you highlighted the eye using the monocle, what a clever idea! Hope you enjoyed your weekend, sending hugs :)

froebelsternchen said...

This is extraordinary BEAUTIFUL! Fantastic!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous arty layers to create this wonderful book cover. I love the use of the monocle, and amazing red accents.
Alison x

A Pink said...

I always love an 'eye so consider me sold on this one! love all the well considered 'eye' features too. The braille paper - just perfect .
Fantastic project Tracy
hugs x