Friday 29 September 2017

A Vintage Journey Tag Friday

Welcome to my Tag Friday post with A Vintage Journey.
I opted to decorate one of Tim Holtz medium Etcetera tags. This was fun to create as there was no pressure just a few hours to simply create for the fun of it.
I coated the tag with a layer of Gesso to give me a good base and then painted the tag with Broken China Distress Paint adding touches of Gesso to lighten.
I applied Crackle Paste over the Screwed Layering Stencil which I thought was perfect for a masculine piece. I then used Gathered Twigs Distress Crayon to add a further layer of colour, blending with my finger and a damp baby wipe.
I added corrugated card, which I always think adds wonderful texture to a piece and I added a few touches of Broken China Distress Paint with my finger along with a light blend of Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I also added a touch of background stamping using the background stamp from the On The Farm stamp set and Potting Soil Archival Ink.
I applied Gathered Twigs Distress Crayon around the edges of the tag which gives definition to the design and draws the eye in to the focal imagery. I also included Nailheads for added texture and dimension along with a few Remnant Rubs for added layered interest.
I had a vintage clock face in my stash and incorporated this into my design which was perfect for my Paper Doll image to sit. I added Clippings Stickers behind for further interest and also included a Quote Chip. A few black paint splatters add a further layer to my design.
I also incorporated a couple of Ruler Pieces and a hanger from Tim's Idea-ology range. I also added some design tape and some scratchy lines to the edge of my tag using an old credit card and black paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Tracy
xxx

19 comments:

S@ndy Diller said...

Your tag is so clean and simple yet still holds that vintage vibe that we all love. Great job as always. Hugs, S@ndy

Billie A said...

Oh I love this look and this tag is awesome. Love the sepia and teal. Great look and love the different embellishments.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the texture!

Pat Crossland said...

This tag is wonderful Tracy...such a lot going on and awesome colours and texture...Love how you always manage to incorporate the Paper Dolls in your work.....

Redanne said...

I really can see how much fun you had creating this gorgeous tag Tracy! The background colour is so serene and I just love the way you incorporated that wonderful clock face into your design! Beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Simply fabulous, Tracy - so nice that you had some playtime to indulge yourself. I love the soft glow of the Broken China with the subtle weathered crackle highlighted by the crayon. And the composition of your elements is just perfect... so cool to use the hanger too. I love this tag - can you tell?!
Alison x

A Pink said...

A fabulous result from your free time crafting! Tracy. A winning combo of colours imho and terrific use of elements. Time well spent !
hugs x

Jackie PN said...

Tracy, this tag is genius!!
I adore your layers and how you combine your elements to create such a cohesive piece!!
Love your art my friend!
Jackie xo

Natalie W said...

Wow its so beautiful! I'm saving it for reference. :)
Natalie

Corrie Herriman said...

Such a gorgeous tag !
Corrie xx

Kaz Hall said...

Fabulous tracy! Love the colours x

Dorthe said...

It is gorgeous Tracy, I so love the boy in the watch, so sure on his future adventures, -your wonderful color tones, together, and all the amazing details, -love you used the hanger .
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Love the little adventurer sitting at the centre of this beautifully composed tag Tracy, great layers on the background and the colour is stunning. The little hanger is a great addition and of course the quote is perfect!

sarascloset said...

I love that crackled texture background to display all these wonderfully chosen elements! That clock face is a real find and looks great on the corrugate with the boy kickin' back! Love this, Tracy!

Annie said...

A stunning tag Tracy with wonderful background details and the boy in the clock face is perfect xx
I adore the colours and the way you have also used the hanger xx

Take care and sending my best wishes
Annie xx

Marci said...

Beautiful! Great design.

Nikki Acton said...

Fabulous creation - my favourite colour combination! Great arrangement of ephemera and love how you have added accents of blue to bring it all together perfectly x

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful elements on this delightful tag Tracy! love the piece of ruler at top and bottom - that great hanger piece - and the framed boy sitting on the clock face - awaiting his adventure! Julia xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Another triumph Tracy! These tags were made for you and you certainly make them well. Love this image embedded in its lovely surroundings. Gorgeous! Hugs, Autumn