Saturday 30 October 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

There is a great colour splash over at The Play Date Cafe this week using BLACK, WHITE with a splash of BURGUNDY.
I love the inspiration photo this week, takes me back to SPRING when all the aquilegias are out in full bloom.  However, with time passing by so quickly I resorted to making a couple more Christmas cards for this weeks challenge.
My first card is a small 4" x 4" square card decorated with black and white papers from Black Market Paper Society which I have hand stitched with BURGUNDY thread.  The image from Memory Box has been stamped with DI Aged Mahogany, along with the sentiment from Outlines.  To complete, I have added three co-ordinated buttons.
For my second card I have used an image from Crafty Individuals and added highlights of BURGUNDY to the tree.  The sentiment is from the same sheet.
My third and final card uses an image from Inkadinkado, which is stamped in black.  I have punched a large and small heart from white card and added part of the image to the hearts using DI Aged Mahogany and black ink.  To complete, I have added three small hearts to the bottom of my card.  There are some great inspirational pieces over at The Play Date Cafe and well worth a visit.  Enjoy your weekend, Tracy x x

16 comments:

Sue said...

MORE Christmas cards!!! You are SO organised....my fav is the Crafty Individuals one!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards Tracey! The hand stitching/design on your first card is great - I just recently found some of that paper in my stash! Love the collage image too! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Helen said...

I love all these cards, the use of the burgundy is stunning.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Just awesome Tracy!
Mmmmmm, I really must start making some Christmas cards now!
Jan x

Nigel said...

Fantastic cards - love the Crafty Individuals tree :)

Netty said...

Terrific colour combo and your cards are all so different, and of course I love them all.
Annette x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE them all! LOVE the hand stitching on the first one! FAB! LOVE the popped details on that wonderful tree! And all of the hearts and text on the third card make MY heart melt!

donna said...

All your cards are beautiful. I love those buttons. The collage one is awesome.

Lori said...

Love these colors together, and your creations are just gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

Love all three cards! Love how the hearts are layered and the beautiful paper you used. The poinsettia is beautiful. The tree is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along again this week at the PDCC. (I just picked up the Stampers Sampler and loved the cover I had to have it for that project and then read inside it was yours. :)

Julie Ranae said...

Tracy....lovely cards as always! To have 3 beautiful creations to see, is just wonderful!
Thanks for being such a great friend to The Play Date Cafe.

flutterbycrafter said...

Love these cards, particularly the heart one, beautiful work.

Suzi B said...

Great cards ... hard to choose a fav but it might have to be the tree :)

Carol Q said...

gorgeous colour choices this week. love the variety of your creations Tracy.

Zue said...

You have three beautiful designs there, Tracy.
I love the stamps you have used and the stitching adds that extra little touch.
Have a great day
Sue xx

Sarah Anderson said...

All 3 of these are such gorgeous designs Tracy. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the cafe :)