Thursday 7 October 2010

O Christmas Tree

It's officially Christmas over at The Play Date Cafe, well not really but that's my excuse for making yet another Christmas card. The colours this week have a real seasonal feel to them......
I started my piece with two 8" x 8" square pieces of card, folded in half, half the opposite way and then folded on the diagonal to create......
Can you see what it is from this angle?  I decided to mix old with new stamps to create a Christmas collage piece.
This is the front cover of my folded book, the stamp on the front is from Inkadinkado and the Merry Christmas is from Tim's 100th Collection.
This is the back cover tied together with some Christmas fibres.
The back cover has been stamped using the reindeer from a Darkroom Door set and the text is an old PSX stamp.
When opened out you can see how the square piece of card has been folded.  Images have been stamped with DI Fired Brick and Adirondack Meadow.  I have also added machine stitching to some of the stamping.  I have to say this was not easy to photograph and I don't think I quite realised how much stamping would be needed to fill the book when I started LOL.
The two square pieces have been stuck together and this is the opposite side.
Hopefully this gives a better view of the whole thing, must admit I'm quite pleased with the outcome, although it seems to have taken me an age to put together.
I would also like to enter this piece for the Simon Says Stamp and Show your NUMBERS challenge this week.  I have used the number 25 on the front cover and there are numbers on the Officially Winter definition, very subtle again I know but they are numbers afterall LOL.  There are some great prizes on offer at both these challenge sites, why not join me and pop on over there to see what's on offer.  Have a great day,  Tracy xx

24 comments:

Nancy said...

Tracy, this is wonderful!!! Love it!!

Artyjen said...

Fabulous...can only imagine how long it took to make!
xoxo Sioux

Helen said...

Blimey, Tracy, what a fabulous Christmas card. Mine aren't anywhere near that complicated!!

donna said...

Beautiful project Tracy. I love how you stamped many images two tone. Good luck on winning!

Anonymous said...

Its just lovely Tracy, well worth the effort from this side of the fence.

Zue said...

Tracy, this looks so complicated....I can't follow instructions for anything like this. You are so clever!!
The colours are fabulous for this style of card
and who ever receives it is so lucky.
I always think stitching gives that extra edge..
great piece of work. DRD stamps are brilliant. When I use mine, I feel really sophisticated...must be something to do with the tin they come in.
Have a lovely rest-of-evening..... clever you!!

Sue xx

cheryl said...

wow this is just brilliant gosh it looks so difficult too,hugs cheryl xx

Netty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Netty said...

Sorry Tracy had to remove my comment as used a word which I thought was good and turned out it was not nice.....oh dear!
I think your folded book is just brilliant, I adore all the stamped images you used. Definitely an amazing project. Annette x

Laura said...

This is just lush and I love all the images you have used and your use of white space is perfect. Great make!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love this Tracy! What a fun fold for a Holiday project, great mix of stamps, color and embellishments! Thanks for playing at the PDCC

Nigel said...

This is truly amazing, you have to bring it to the next workshop so we can get a proper look at it :)

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is gorgeous, Tracy! Your stamping is so beautiful, and I love how you've stitched it too - adds so much texture and interest. What a treasure!

Juls said...

oh my goodness wow!!! how fabulous and creative!!! Hugs Juls

Gaby Bee said...

What an amazing project! Your folded book is absolutely stunning! Love the stitching!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby xo

Suzi B said...

Whew! this looks complicated... I'd never do it!... love all the stamping... gorgeous!

Andrea Ewen said...

How fascinating! Just lovely, what a great way to showcase so many sentiments and designs all in one project. Bravo! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous! Love this! Great design and wonderful wonderful stamping and images.

Sarah Anderson said...

Well done on the photography Tracy, it doesn't look like it was easy but you've given a great impression of the book. Gorgeous piece :)

Morti said...

gorgeous work, Tracy - thanks for sharing!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT! This is sooooooooo fabulous! I just love love love how you took this challenge and made this beautiful creation! I love love love those fibers and the stitching! LOVE IT ALL:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Neet said...

Fabulous Tracy - such a lot of work has gone into this but it is so worth it. it is absolutely gorgeous.

Ruby said...

This is SO clever Tracy, I LOVE all the detail and the vibrant colours of the fibres you've used. What a fantastic job you did using our colours this week! Great to have you playing along with us at the PDCC!

Lori said...

Love it Tracy! Gorgeous piece. Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!