Friday 1 October 2010

Halloween Fun

Time for another challenge over at The Play Date Cafe, and our inspirational picture......
...... a great choice from Sarah Anderson, I love rusty orange and chocolate brown together but it was a slight challenge trying to incorporate the turquoise and more so the hot pink.
I had set my mind on using my new stamps and I think that's where my problem began, as it is very difficult to incorporate turquoise and hot pink into Halloween LOL, but I managed albeit very subtle.
I coloured a piece of glossy card with DI Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey and stamped the pumpkin's in StazOn Timber Brown, I just love these pumpkin's they are such fun images and the detail is fantastic.  The foliage has been stamped with Timber Brown ink and I have added flowers in the turquoise and hot pink, yippeeeee, I managed it LOL.  ALL HALLOWS EVE was stamped with Timber Brown ink onto rusty orange Bazzil card.  The image has been layered onto choclolate brown and rusty orange card.
Whilst I had my new stamps to hand I thought I would have another go at creating a SPOOL.  I love making these, they are so easy and great fun.  I coloured a piece of glossy card in the same way and stamped the pumpkin's in Timber Brown ink and then simply glued the card to the SPOOL.
I have added a Halloween sentiment to the bottom of the SPOOL and I have embossed the top with a Sizzix Bat Embossing Folder and rubbed over with Timber Brown ink.
I have also added an owl to the spool which has been coloured with Distress Inks.  Co-ordinated buttons and fibres have been added to complete.  The Impression Obsession stamp, All Hallows Eve, and the Sizzix Embossing Folder are all available from THE STAMP ATTIC.  Have a great weekend everyone,  Tracy x x

17 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

A great take on the challenge - Loving that 'ween stamp!! How fab!
Oh, and I'm loving your altered spools! Soo inspiring!

Jan x

Zue said...

You have been busy and what a wonderful way to interpret the challenge!
That spool is fantastic...and I like the card too. Well done you busy girl!! I think subtlety was definitely the order of the day..
Sue xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fantastic pumpkins! Great colour challenge. :) Just LOVE your spool. I sooooo need one!! Have a great weekend.xx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a great response to the challenge - I don't expect you use hot pink and or turquoise together very often!

Faye said...

Your card is great. I think the colors go well in it because you kept them a bit pale. It really turned out beautifully.

donna said...

Wonderful card and your spool is terrific. I love those pumpkins!

Helen said...

Wonderful! Love the card, and the spool is just great. REally hope I get to play with my kit this weekend!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great projects Tracy, love those pumpkin images! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Pauline said...

Fab card, and love those spools, a great idea for decorations!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Great work Tracy....now I am not a fan of Halloween but even your pumpkins are appealing :) Love your spool creations.

Lizzybobs said...

loving your new project hun brilliant - love Liz

Ruby said...

I always love seeing what you are going to come up with for our colour stories! Great job again this week Tracy! I LOVE how you've done the tiny accents on the pumpkin cards and the spools are such fun! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Tracy, you are so wonderfully creative! Love how you incorporated our colors into the card and still made it look "spooky"! Great work! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Julie Ranae said...

You did it and you did it FABULOUSLY! Love your work, Tracy : )

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh Tracy these are WoNDeRFuL! I love those pumpkin images, and you really made them sing on these pieces - SuPeRB!

Suzanne C said...

Love the pumpkins on the card and the spool is fantastic. i have never seen that before! Really fun. So glad you join us every week at the PDCC!

Juls said...

these images are just gorgeous!! Love what you have done with them! Hugs Juls