Wednesday 6 October 2010

The Master Builder

Simon Says Stamp and Show your NUMBERS for this weeks challenge and I have promised myself that I would start my Christmas cards to save any last minute rush, so here is my first......
This is one of my all time favourite stamps, It's an old Inkadinkado stamp which they discontinued which I will never understand as it is one of those stamps that does not date.  Well this was the starting point for my card.
I have stamped the images in DI Bundled Sage and Fired Brick.  The reindeer is from a Darkroom Door set again another set I love mainly because the images don't date and can be used from year to year.  I have added my stamped piece onto co-ordinated Bazzil card and machine stitched around the edge, which was a challenge for me as I have not used a machine since I was 14, a long time ago LOL.  I have punched two snowflakes from co-ordinated card and added 25th Dec to the bottom, I know it's subtle but they are my numbers for the challenge.  Have a great day,  Tracy xx

13 comments:

Zue said...

It is a beautiful card, Tracy.
I think it is a very memorable sentiment and the colours are gorgeous.
Have a great day
sue xx

G Peplow said...

Hi there, beautiful collection of stamps here, they are really special, love the colours you've used too:0) xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely Tracy, must admit have got hooked on those reindeer since you used them in Making Cards this issue, and have not been able to keep them in stock!!!Can I put in an order for my cards to you please lol x

Juls said...

love how you have unked it up in 2 colours! very stylish! Hugs Juls

Netty said...

That is such a terrific text and I love your reindeer, the card is great. Annette x

Sue said...

Subtle is good! And congrats on your piece being featured on new blog....Altered Alice.....www.alteredalice.blogspot.com

Helen said...

This is lovely, and what a great stamp!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely holiday card, wonderful image and use of color.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great effects with the inks!! I love that reindeer stamp too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lynne Phelps said...

What a WONDERFUL sentiment, and you are right, it does not date at all! It gave me that neat shivery feeling when I read it, so special! The whole card is fab, love the mixed inks on the reindeer and the stitching around the edge!

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful Tracy! Hey I saw you Fab-u-lous book in Stampers Sampler, and WOW how cool you made the cover too!!!! I even voted for yours when they had the cover choice,of course I didn't know it was yours at the time. You Rock!!!!CONGRATS GF.
Thank you for your sweet comments too. glad to be home and getting better each day!
hgs Lynn

Lynne Forsythe said...

So was it like riding a bike...the sewing thing??? All I know is...it worked and everyone will be so happy to get your card...FOR SURE!!

Thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Anneliese said...

that's a lovely card that you've made, I have that darkroom door set, it is lovely isn't it.
Congrats on the Stampers Sampler :D x