Friday 19 July 2019

Seize The Day

Today I have a card using my newly released Border Stamp, Hexagonal Stem #206 from AALLandCreate. Our stockists can be found HERE.
I adore this stamp, the background could be used on its own or together with the stamp and the flower could also be used on its own. This time around I opted for a clean fresh colour palette.
I applied a coupleof greens to my background using Distress Oxide Inks and then added a fine layer of Gesso using my palette knife. I then stamped my focal image onto the Gesso backdrop. The Gesso adds fabulous texture.
I also incorporated some skeleton leaves and random stitching for further texture to my design.
A few delicate splatters of white paint give the backdrop a further layer of interest.
I coloured my flower with pencils, adding three layersof colour.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x
AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.



7 comments:

Rita said...

Fabulous card Tracy. Love the new stamps and the colours you've used too. Hugs Rita xxx

Jo Rice said...

Gorgeous card Tracy and great use of your fabulous stamp. I love the way you have incorporated the skeleton leaf. Now we are all going to be hunting for them in our craft stash....have a lovely weekend...Jo xx❤️

Redanne said...

I am totally in love with this stamp and I adore the poppy. Your colour choices really do bring the poppy to life beautifully. Great to see skeleton leaves are back too, this one adds some gorgeous subtle texture. Hugs. Anne xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful, dream-like card - I love how the stamped image just fades away around the edges. I've just seen this stamp in action over at Amanda's Treasured Moments... it's another absolute cracker. Congratulations!
Alison x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the soft colour palette.
Hugs
Linda xxx

hazel said...

A beautiful card, the colours are lovely.
xxx Hazel.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous colours! Another beauty Tracy!
Happy Sunday,
Alison xx