Wednesday 26 July 2017

Trust Your Heart

Welcome, today I have a post using the Distress Oxide Inkpads.
I created a background using Distress Oxides Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber and Fired Brick, adding many layers of colour until I was happy with the depth.
I used the Eye Chart Stencil to add detailing in the background, applying Black Soot Distress Oxide to the Stencil, spritzing with water and then placing the inked stencil down onto my background.
I used Tim's Heartfelt Die, added some machine stitching for added texture and also added some white hearts for some contrast.
I also added some of the waste from the die cut piece for an added layer of interest.
A Quote Chip has been added for dimension and interest and I also included some splatters of white paint.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x

10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What an amazing colour combination, Tracy - you'd think it would be really fiery, but those Oxides give it a soft depth. Love those layered and stitched hearts.
Alison x

froebelsternchen said...

This is so beautiful! I love the layers with color and this stitching is the icing on the cake!

Sarah Bell said...

Beautiful Tracy, fab tutorial x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful piiece with so much depth and compositio! Don't you just love those Oxides?....

Marci said...

Lovely piece.

hazel said...

I love everything about this Tracy, it's beautiful.
xxx Hazel.

Redanne said...

Such a wonderful colour combination, love the stitched hearts and adding some waste - brilliant!! Hugs, Anne xx

Corrie Herriman said...

This is amazing ! Love it !
Corrie x

Brenda Brown said...

Such a beautiful card Tracy, I could sit and look at those beautiful colours and your brilliant design for ages and still catch a little new detail every now and then. Your designs are always amazing and this is my latest love xxx

A Pink said...

A lovely card ! Tracy. Love the pop of the small white hearts against the darker oxide tones. hugs x