Saturday 23 May 2015

Curiosity

Today I am posting something I made just for fun.
This piece was all about fun and all the things I love, rust, mixed media, layers and texture. When creating a piece like this I add many layers and the first layer on this piece was Black Gesso from DecoArt, this product is fantastic, so thick and creamy and covers with one coat. I then added a layer of Crackle Paste and allowed to dry naturally. Once completely dry I then added a layer of Quinacridone Gold paint again allowing to dry naturally. I then darkened areas with Burnt Umber paint, using a stippling action to add light touches of colour layer by layer. I then added touches of Paynes Grey here and there along with touches of Cobalt Teal Hue. I then went over the whole piece with a Dirty Wash (Andy Skinner technique) and allowed to dry.
I added one of Sandra Evertson's Prima Cast Pieces, which I adore and I added touches of Crackle Paste to the face. Again once dry I painted with DecoArt paints and added a dirty wash over the top, adding text pieces from an Alice In Wonderland Book.
The inside was also painted with Black Gesso and then layers of colour added.
I added rusty wire to the inside and wrapped around the outside too for added texture and added a Typed Token from Tim's Idea-ology range.
I love the texture the Crackle Paste gives to this piece, so tactile.
I also included a pen nib and beads for further interest along with a ChitChat Sticker.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

15 comments:

Lesley said...

Looking good ladybird. ��

Pamellia said...

Wow Tracy , this is so incredible!! A stunning and creative piece, I can tell you had fun with this one! Can I ask, where do you get the rusty wire?? People in the stores look at me funny when I ask them about it. lol. hugs :)

Jenny Marples said...

So I've got a million and one things to do and really should be shutting the laptop and then, this appears on the dashboard!!! Tracy this is OUTSTANDING!!! The way the face appears from the inside and all that yummy texture/colour - I'm bowled over with it all! Jenny x

Corrie Herriman said...

This is gorgeous Tracy ! Love it !
Corrie x

Redanne said...

Oh wow Tracy, this is one of the most outstanding pieces ever! You are so fantastically talented and this is just fabulous, I am almost stuck for words - I LOVE THIS !!! Pinning! Hugs, Anne xx

Annie said...

Fantastic Tracy.....looks like a piece from Game of Thrones :-)
You have created the most amazing textures and details.....I love it :-)
I have not seen those Prima faces so must now look out for them

Tfs and best wishes
Annie x

Rita said...

Brilliant piece of Art Tracy. You certainly are very very talented. Love it. Xxxx

Nan G said...

What a cool and slightly creepy piece! Love it!!! Great rust and texture...your the queen.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So so so creepy cool! LOVE the rusted goodness!

Candy C said...

This is really cool, Tracy. Love the rusted metallic appearance of this! Love your face seeming to come out of the rusted background. The colors and crackle are awesome! Love the wire wrapping around it as well. The base is really cool. Love the pen nib and the little seed beads. Great texture! <3 Candy

Jools Robertson said...

Wow! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Gorgeous cracking creativity

Love it!

Jools x

Unknown said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Tracy! Very expressive, love the rusted wire around and all the crackled areas.. X

Unknown said...

AMAZING!! Tracy, you knock my socks off with your creativity!! This is simply AMAZING!! :) :) Love this!! XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Wow Tracy, that is fabulous! Amazing textures and all that rusted goodness, love it!

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

This is mind blowing! Awesome piece..