Tuesday 31 March 2015

Surprise Baby Shower for Anna-Karin



Anna-Karin Evaldsson is a very special member of the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team. Last year there were a lot of changes in her life, including a move from one continent to another and just a few months later, a new baby! Leo arrived weeks ahead of schedule (and just 20 minutes after reaching the hospital!) but thankfully he and Anna-Karin are both doing well. 

We want to show Anna-Karin how special she is to us, so we are giving her a virtual baby shower today to celebrate Leo's birth! Even though we can't be with her, we send our love and special crafty surprise. We invite you to visit each team member/shower guest's blog to see what they created for this new little guy.



I hope you enjoy your virtual baby shower Anna-Karin, sending you love and best wishes to you and your family.
I decided to use the Box, Recipe Card and coordinating  Recipe Card and Label dies to create a box of Leo's firsts, first steps, first haircut etc. I decorated the front of the box with Distress Inks and added layers with the Harlequin Layering Stencil using Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean Distress Inks.
I added the adorable picture of Leo that Anna-Karin had shown previously on Facebook and highlighted with a wire heart. I also included a touch of stencilling using the Typo Layering Stencil and Wendy Vecchi's Crackled Texture Paste.
I added a touch of stencilling to the side along with Remnant Rubs for added interest. I also added Velcro to close the Recipe Box.
Adore has been added to the opposite side and I added cherish and love Remnant Rubs to the front of the box.
I left the back plain so that Anna-Karin could add a picture of Leo over the coming months.
I decorated six Recipe Cards to coordinate with the box and added a heading to each. I thought this box would tell the story of Leo's first year, something to treasure for the whole family. I decorated each with Distress Inks, stencilling and Crackled Texture Paste. I have coated everything with Mod Podge so that they can be wiped clean should little hands want to handle them as they get older!
I coloured the Crackled Texture Paste with Salty Ocean Reinker, adding different quantities of Reinker to darken the colour on a couple of the cards. I love adding layers to designs.
You can see from this picture that this stencilling is slightly darker in colour to the previous.
Each of the cards has been given a heading which I printed off from my computer and coloured lightly with Distress Inks and then covered with Mod Podge to protect.
The reverse of each of the cards has also been coloured and stencilled and I have added wording using the Valentine Layering Stencil.

Hope your virtual baby shower has put a smile on your face Anna-Karin, we all wanted to let you know how special you are to the team. With all my love. Tracy x x x




24 comments:

eileen hull said...

Tracy, that makes me want to cry. I love this project- so special. Beautiful colors and techniques and I love that you used his picture!

Lisa H said...

Tracy, this is fabulous! I love the colors too btw. ;-)

Unknown said...

Tracy you are so clever. This is wonderful

Hetty said...

Wow this is a beautiful idea and project. Love the soft baby boy colors,use of stencil and the idea of all these cards in a box. Thanks for the inspiration.

Redanne said...

Tracy, your project is so, so beautiful and very touching with beautiful little Leo's photo on. Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Anna-Karin said...

This surprise baby shower definitely put a big smile on my face Tracy! It is one of my best surprises ever! So very sweet of you all. I love your recipe box!! The backgrounds with all the layers are wonderful and the topics of the cards are perfect. I can't wait to fill it with memories. It is the perfect partner to the recipe box I made the other day documenting his growth. Thank you so very much! Hugs!!

Diana said...

what a beautiful keepsake you have created for Leo!! love all the little details

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Tracy, this is amazing!! I just love the wonderful colours and the fabulous stencil work! This is just such a fabulous idea for a shower gift, I love it! hugs :)

Marci said...

Fantastic idea! Love the colors and the stenciling.

wendy vecchi said...

what a special gift!
this is a treasure!

Scrapthat said...

Awww...how sweet of you all to give her a shower!
Sweet gift also! :D

dottielottie said...

You have created a fabulous keepsake Tracy. Love your colour theme and textures and all the "first"cards. A very special keepsake for Leo and family for years to come x

Pammejo said...

Tracy what a wonderful keepsake box commemorating all of the achievements Leo will have over the next months. Love the colors and textures...the special stencils sentiments are so wonderful and I am sure Anna will always treasure it.

Unknown said...

What a fabulous little keepsake box for a new momma to keep track of baby's milestones! Love it!

Julia Aston said...

What a marvelously decorated box you created Tracy! love the colors, stampings, stenciling and the lovely cards inside for all the FIRSTS for Leo!

Noreen said...

What a wonderful keepsake you've created!

Noreen
Crafty Journal

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Tracy this is such a CLEVER idea! I love how you've added space to record those special moments (with the beautiful crackled stencilling) and the adorable heart picture framed with the twisted wire. Another winner! Jenny x

Samra said...

What a great present! Love the stencils, colors and fantastic design! Thank you for the inspiration!

Meme said...

Tracy I love what you did with all the textures and color and the fact you used Leo's picture is the best idea! So personal!
Super cute keepsake for Anna-Karin and Leo!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE that you used a photo! These are so cool, and love the colors!!!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

GORGEOUS! I love, love, love this!

Unknown said...

Tracy what a wonderful keepsake you've created ^.^

Jean Bullock said...

What a darling way to keep the photos. Gorgeous work.

Rea' said...

Way Cute idea... love the adorable photo on the front and all your stencil work... to cute !