Sunday 22 March 2015

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 24

I thought I would have a bit of fun this week and join in the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 24, Remnant Rub Resist, page 51 of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Volume 111.There is a fabulous prize on offer from the Funkie Junkie Boutique and also a wonderful prize from Tim and Mario.
I thought I would have some fun with Tim's Bird Crazy stamp set this week, showcasing them on an ATB using Eileen Hull's block/cube die. I thought this would be perfect to give as a gift with chocolates over the Easter period. My Crazy Birds are dressed in their Easter Bonnet's and have been set against a background using Tim Holtz Remnant Rub Resist technique using Abandoned Coral and Mustard Seed Distress Inks, loving these colours together. I have also added an egg to the top covered with Buttercup embossing powder, inspired by Wendy Vecchi, adding Chitchat stickers for added interest. I have also included the head of a rabbit cut using Tim Holtz Easter Elements die, die cutting several layers and adhering them together to give dimension and then covering the rabbit's head with Vintage Photo Distress Glitter.
These Crazy Birds are great fun and so quirky, I love them.
I picked some moss from my garden and added to the top of my ATB, I love the natural feel this gives and the rabbit looks like he is just peering out from the moss, love it.
I have decorated all four sides using Tim's technique and added a different Crazy Bird to each side. Each bird is wearing a different bonnet for the special Easter holidays! Each hat has been covered with Wendy Vecchi Embossing Powders.
I love these hat's and will be using them again. I think these birds would look great for halloween wearing a halloween hat!
This Crazy Bird has made an extra effort and is even wearing a bow tie lol.

Hope you enjoy my piece today as much as I enjoyed making it.  Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


31 comments:

Nicole Wright Designs said...

SQUEAL!!!! I love this! HAHA those birds are perfect and adorable!!!! The colors are bold and fun and the rubs are a fun layer. I just love it :) Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie :)

G Peplow said...

Brilliant, love this Tracey :D xx

Amanda said...

Brilliant Tracy I love Tims birds with their hats they look so dapper! Great ATB.
Love
Amanda x

Unknown said...

This is so adorable!! I love those crazy birds

wendy vecchi said...

this is super cute! love the colors...just right for spring!

Lisa H said...

This is so much fun Tracy! I just love it and those crazy birds! =)

Jenny Marples said...

Brilliant! LOVE those spring colours, the crazy birds in their funkie hats and the bunny and egg on top. Jenny x

Redanne said...

This is just too cute for words Tracy, I love that you gave the birds hats to wear and the bow tie just cracked me up - love this ATB... a lot!! Hugs, Anne xx

Michelle said...

Wendy Vecchi embossing powder! I've been wondering how you made their hats so fancy! Now I know. Thanks for sharing this, Travy. I love the little birds, and I love how you got them all ready for Easter! So cute!

Pammejo said...

OH MY!!!! Love, love, love and those hats are so adorable on the crazy birds. Just drooling over your ATB and colors are amazing.

Dara Lynn said...

Tracy girlie!!! I love those crazy birds and how fitting you dressed em up for Easter :)

inreenesroom.blogspot.com said...

What a "hoot" your birds make. Wonderful bright colors and they look darling in their little hats. Cubes are my personal favorite thing to make.

scrappallino said...

Ohhhh idea very very nice and well done!

JansArtyJunk said...

I love the Crazy birds.... But love even more what you have done with them Tracy! ....from the colours, fabby hats and all the gorgeous details...this is one awesome project! X

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant and such fabulous use of those birds!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Cute cute cute! Love their little hats! Just makes me smile! Great box and so fun! Thanks so much for playing with Remnant Rubs with us at CC3Challenge!!!

Pamellia said...

Love all the crazy hats you put on your crazy birds! What a fun box Tracy! I love the big egg on top, this project really made me smile! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Just Amazing, Tracy! I'm calling this as a CC3 #24 winner right now! :) :) This ATB for Easter is simply ADORABLE!! Good Luck!! XOXO-Shari

Candy C said...

Tracy....Leave it to you to come up with something so cute! I love your idea of doing a cube. Each side is such fun to look at. Your remnant rub resist technique looks fantastic! The top of your cube is just too cute. Very Easter-y and springlike! I'm so ready for spring! :) I also love each of the crazy birds that you've used on each side. Clever! Jut one question...where's the heart? Most if not all of your pieces have at least one heart on them! haha Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

Tracy this made me grin the moment my screen opened up. Love your bright spring project! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

Hels Sheridan said...

So cute and sooooo fun... love this Tracy, it has a real fun feel to it and your hidden bunny is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at the CC3C x

A Pink said...

a really cute n quirky ATB! Tracy . Not a lover of bird images but these littel guys rock n you worked them well. x

Susan said...

This is so adorable! Love that you created an ATB for Easter - love those crazy birds on all sides! They really make me smile! I also like the Easter bunny popping out from the inside. So cute and well done! Thanks for joining us for this challenge!

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant Easter make, Tracy - the colours of spring are so lovely, and the crazy birds are hilarious, particularly the little chap with his glossy bowtie!
Alison xx

Jean Bullock said...

Totally fun. Great embossing. I love the colors you used and the moss was perfect for this. Fun and well done! See what I did there? -my comment rhymed. LOL

eileen hull said...

Tracy these birds just kill me-- you have tied them together so well. The hats make the block :-) Adorable...

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Just adorable!! That smart bunny is hiding from those crazy birds, as he should. Very cute, thanks for playing along on CC3C!

HMax said...

Gotta love those goofy birds! And the peeking bunny. Too cute!

Maura said...

Awesome! Love the crazy birds with the hats, the egg, bunny...what a delightful Easter project!!

Vic's Creations! said...

Super cute! Love their Easter hats! Love each little bird and how you've played with them. Such a fun project with the remnant rubs too! Makes me happy!

Rea' said...

OMG ... TOO CUTE !!! Gotta pin this !