Wednesday 25 March 2015

Artistic Outpost Spring Blog Hop

Time for our Spring Blog Hop with Artistic Outpost.
For this months blog hop I am showcasing my favourite, the BIRDS OF A FEATHER stamp set, adding the focal image to a heart easel. The background of my card has been coloured with Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean Distress Inks and I have included two further die cut hearts to the background.
The gorgeous bird image has been stamped with Potting Soil Archival Ink and I have added a monocle for added interest, along with remnant rubs.
I also added die cut pieces of chicken wire using Tim Holtz Mixed Media thinlits die along with die cut hearts covered with embossing powders and a touch of rusty wire for added texture and interest. I also added Chitchat stickers coloured with Distress Ink.
FLY has been die cut from mountboard using the Wordplay die and again covered with Wendy Vecchi embossing powders. I also added random stamping to the background using the background stamp from the Birds Of A Feather stamp set.
I actually feel like Spring is around the corner here in the UK and I am really looking forward to spending time in the garden along with all the wildlife it attracts.

My fellow team members have created artwork to inspire you further along the hop.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x 



12 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Brilliant Tracy!!! I love the monocle over the bird, the embossed lettering and that drop dead gorgeous heart! A real stunner. Jenny x

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning Tracy ♥

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Tracy!! Love the heart shaped base and the colours are so full of life! Wonderful choice of stamps, the bird is perfect for a springtime card! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Oh Tracy! I just LOVE this heart shaped card!! It's so delicate and beautiful and oh so Spring-like :) Tracy, your use of the rusted wire is one of my favorite embellies that you've been using! I just love the feel that it gives to your creations :) Fab Springtime make for our AO Blog Hop!! I'm soooo lucky to be on the AO team with you :) :) XOXO-Shari

Karen Denson said...

Tracy, This is a gorgeous card and so unique! It is the definite definition of spring! Beautiful!

Redanne said...

Wow Tracy, you never fail to impress! I love the stamps, the monocle, the wire on the heart - in fact, I just love the whole beautiful card! Anne xx

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Julia Aston said...

a lovely heart shaped creation! love the stamps, layers and metal!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning shaped Heart Easel, Tracy! Love the colors and texture!

Terry said...

Tracy, your Spring Heart easel card is spectacular. I so love the texture and shape. Happy Weekend!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely, lovely! The colours are my absolute favourites for this time of year and I adore all the different elements you've brought together so perfectly here... the texty heart, the monocle, the enamelled lettering, and that fab little wired heart too - just wonderful!
Alison xx

Kate Yetter said...

Such a stunning card, Tracy. I love the collage bits and bright colors!
Kate