Thursday 16 October 2014

Rustic Charm

I am still concentrating on making a few Christmas cards and today I am using the Christmas Tree stamp from Katzelkraft.
Once again I am working with kraft card and to create my background I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to Tim Holtz Star Layering Stencil, spritzed with water and then placed the stencil onto the card. I also added a touch of background stamping with Potting Soil Archival Ink.
The Christmas tree has been stamped onto kraft card with Potting Soil Archival Ink and matted onto a dark brown card stock. I have also applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges for definition.

I placed the Layering Stencil over my Christmas Tree image and then used Tim Holtz spritzer and a Distress Marker to add subtle stars to the background and I sprayed all my layers with Biscotti Perfect Pearl Mist to add a touch of shimmer.
I added a further layer of interest to my design applying embossing paste through the Layering Stencil for added texture applying Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges. I also died some seam binding with Distress Ink and added to the top of my card along with a Tidings Token. A also included a small 'believe' banner using Remnant Rubs.
A rust star also adds another element of texture to my design.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop

7 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Fabulous details! Inspiring!

Redanne said...

I do so envy you having made such a great start on your Christmas cards - this is beautiful, I love the gorgeous tree and the wonderful colour tones you have used - just beautiful. Anne xx

Jackie PN said...

absolutely gorgeous Tracey!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Tracy! Love the rustic charm! The rusty star looks amazing as well as all the embossing! Hope you have a great weekend!

Zuzu's Blog said...

really lovely Tracey. I didnt realise you were working with Katzelkraft now. I love them. (love Bee lol). a really lovely company to work with. some of my all time favourite stamps are from my time with them. they are lucky to have you. ;)

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning. Loving all the layers.

Gez xx

http://3littlebirdsstudio.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenny Marples said...

Such a beautifully layered card Tracy. Jenny x