Wednesday 22 October 2014

Artistic Outpost Monthly Blog Hop

It's time for our monthly blog hop with Artistic Outpost and this month we are showcasing WINTER/CHRISTMAS sets or thinking outside the box and using sets with holiday colours. I chose to showcase my favourite plate, Snowy Woods.
I am loving using neutral tones for my Christmas cards and kraft is perfect to add a rustic touch. The background has been embossed and sanded to reveal the core.
I applied embossing paste through a Tim Holtz layering stencil onto kraft card and then applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges. I love adding lots of layers of interest to my designs. I added 'believe' using a ShadowPress and Potting Soil Archival Ink.
I die cut two baubles from kraft card and then stamped the Father Christmas image onto each bauble using Potting Soil Archival Ink, blending Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges. I also tried my hand at some metal stamping and added two circles to the top of each bauble stamping 'joy' onto each and ageing with Black Soot Distress Paint and a touch of Alcohol Ink.
My fellow Design Team members have made some fabulous pieces to inspire you, please pop along and visit their blogs and be inspired along the way.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! You have such an amazing eye for design and detail. xx

Redanne said...

I always love when you use this Father Christmas stamp, he is so lovely and I love how you have placed him on the baubles - this is a wonderful and very inspiring card Tracy. Hugs, Anne xx

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Tracy, you are BRILLIANT,how you can you can use this imagine in so many different ways is AMAZING, another absolutely gorgeous card, love, love, love, it.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration, hope you have a wonderful day ((( BIG HUGS)))

Terry said...

Tracy, wonderful vintage feel you have captured. Love the Father Christmas hanging ornaments against the stenciled background! Enjoy!

Jenny Marples said...

Loving the neutrals on this Tracy and the whole design is wonderful. Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous Tracy, such a great idea to use that Santa stamp inside the ornament! You have the best ideas on how to use stamps in different ways, - brilliant!

Cocofolies said...

What a gorgeous card Tracy, all the details are so beautiful!!! We can see how much you love this stamp set and kraft and white for your Christmas cards. Hugs, Coco xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE those Santa ornaments! Gorgeous kraft colors too!

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful! My favorite part is that textured border. It looks fabulous against the hanging ornaments. So vintage!
Kate

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful vintage Christmas card, Tracy! Love the addition of your stamped metal embellies!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Sorry I am so late.....another FABulous piece! Metal stamping, you are so brave. I love how much this adds to your great card.