Friday 10 October 2014

Believe

I am making a head start on my Christmas cards this year so that I am organised and can enjoy the festivities in December. With this in mind I have created a Christmas card for Artistic Outpost using the fabulous Snowy Woods stamp set.
I love using red for Christmas and I love the combination of red and white and that was my inspiration for this card. The background was created using Tim Holtz Holiday Knit Layering Stencil, embossing the design with white embossing powder onto red card.
I stamped the focal image onto a heart stamping with Vermillion Archival Ink and adding touches of Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.
I used the Christmas Layering Stencil to add 'believe' and 'joy' to my card using Vermillion ink .
I cut out two further hearts stamped one with 'joyeux noel' and the smaller heart with 'Dec' adding a touch of Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of each heart. I also added touches of a snowflake garland to the top and bottom edges for added interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



6 comments:

Dorthe said...

Such a beautiful card Tracy, the background looks fantastic ( I have also just ordered the Holiday Knit Layering Stencil, from a Danish scrap shop ) and the stamp is wonderful, that father christmas just looks so sweet !
Beautiful in red, and White !!
Dorthe, xo

Redanne said...

That Father Christmas is so appealing and he looks wonderful with the fabulous knit stencil in the background. Anyone would love to receive a gorgeous card like this! Anne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Bold and beautiful - love the combination of that wonderful Father Christmas with the chunky Nordic knit pattern - perfect!
Alison xx

Marci said...

Beautifully designed.

Anneke said...

Love this Christmas card. Love the traditional colors Anneke.

Jenny Marples said...

So strong and dramatic Tracy! I love how you've carried the traditional knitwear colours through this. Jenny x