Friday 16 August 2019

Time Flies

Today I am showcasing a canvas I created on my Hochanda Show on Friday 9th August and Saturday 10th August using my A4 Stamp "Time Flies" #143, from AALLandCreate. Our stockists can be found HERE.

You can re watch the shows on catch up if you missed them the first time around.
I applied vintage book pages to my canvas board with Distress Collage Medium and then applied Dina Wakley Acrylic Paint to my board, applying a good even layer and then placed the alphabet stencil onto the wet paint and used a baby wipe to wipe over the open areas of the stencil. I then dried the layers of paint.
I love adding pops of red to Turquoise and Lime, I think it packs a punch to the design. I also added delicate splatters of red paint. I also stamped the clock from the Time Flies stamp in the background using VersaFine Clair Ink.
A couple of layers have been added to the butterfly to give further dimension to the design. I love how the text from the book pages is visible below the stencilling.
No butterfly is complete without the addition of a rusty nail and some cotton threads for added texture. I also included some delicate splatters of white paint.
To complete, I incorporated the sentiment 'Time Flies'.
Thanks so much for stopping by and as always, thank you so much for your continued support. Tracy x x
AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.



6 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is an incredible piece of work. I adore this stamp set and in your truly unique style you created yet again another masterpiece. I so enjoyed watching the shows Tracy, they kept me company over the weekend whilst nursing a migraine so recording the shows I was able to watch bit by bit and give my eyes a rest inbetween. Just had to have the ODS and a couple of extra's which my Daughter kindly ordered for me. Looking forward to their arrival.
Thank you for sharing your zest for creativity, it keeps my creative side alert when lifes busy and there is not much time to craft.. Roll on Autumn!!
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Annie said...

Fantastic make Tracy x Love the details and colours along with yiur wonderful stamp set xx

As I said in my email I loved your shows and it was so kind of you to share the fantastic techniques/tips.

Have a lovely weekend
Huge hugs
Annie xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, love the layers and textures. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Redanne said...

A stunning example Tracy, the butterfly is gorgeous and the red in the background makes the whole design pop beautifully. Hope you have a relaxing weekend! Hugs, Anne xx

Rita said...

Loved the shows Tracy and it certainly got my crafty buds going again. Love this project and the stamps. Just waiting on my order arriving. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Terry said...

Hey there sweetie, loveeeeee your butterfly (lol) as if you did not know that eh? hahaha, anyways, so I am loving your butterfly love the colors, the background that you created Thanks for sharing sweetie Hugs Terry xxx