Thursday 7 March 2019

Botanical Tag

Welcome, today I have an Etcetera tag decorated with one of my favourite stamps, my A4 Numbered Botanical #110 from AALLandCreate.
I wanted a real textural feel to this piece and opted for vintage book pages in the background layered with Seth Apter's Vintage Beeswax which was perfect for the feel I was going for.
I layered the Beeswax ontop of the paper, melting the Beeswax first into a metal container and then pouring over the tag and whilst the Beeswax was hot I pressed my fern stamp into the hot wax, allowed it to cool for a few moments and then removed my stamp, I adore the effect
Further texture has been included with the addition of rusty wire and an ATC Coin giving further dimension to my piece. This piece really encourages you to reach out and touch!
I also stamped the fern onto a separate piece of card and then cut out the image and adhered to my tag.
Some vintage wooden numbers add a further element of interest along with touches of background stamping using the same stamp.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I always love reading your comments.

Tracy
xxx

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.




9 comments:

Helen said...

what an amazing tag, I love the colour, and your elements all work together so well. Beautiful!

Annie said...

A beautiful tag Tracy and I love those stamps you used xx Take care and have a lovely weekend
huge hugs
Annie xx

Amanda said...

Love this and the beeswax you’ve made a show stealer, great tag
Love
Amanda x

Rita said...

Wow Tracy, this looks Awesome. Love the tutorial too as it helps people like me that have not been crafting much. The stamps are great and I need to use mine. Hugs Rita xxx

Redanne said...

I just LOVE your beautiful tag Tracy, especially the embossed element, it looks amazing! I was so thrilled to find that these stamps are strong enough to stand up to the heat. Hugs, Anne xx

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracy! xx

Corrie Herriman said...

So beautiful ! xxx

Kate Yetter said...

A stunning tag, Tracy! That sepia blob in the background certainly makes that leaf pop to life. Love it!
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks beautiful Tracy! Looking forward to playing with this stamp again when time stands still for a bit! Hugs, Chrisx