Sunday 13 August 2017

Sizzix Maker Challenge with Eileen Hull Heartfelt House Pocket Die

Over the next few weeks Sizzix have a Maker Challenge and this time around they are showcasing Eileen Hull's House Pocket Die. Pop by Eileen's Blog HERE for all the details. Eileen also did a fabulous Facebook Live which you can also view on Eileen's post.
This is what I created with Eileen's House Pocket Die, an accordion decorated both sides using Distress Oxides using the steps below.
I die cut a the House Pocket from 300gsm white card and then drew around the shape to create my accordion.
I die cut separate pieces to decorate and add to the accordion.
I added Twisted Citron and a touch of Black Soot Distress Oxides to a non-stick craft sheet and spritzed with water.
I then dabbed my die cut piece into the beads of ink.
Spritzed the card once more and then dried the ink with a heat tool.
I then added more Twisted Citron Oxide Ink to the non-stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and dabbed the card once again into the ink. With Oxides I like to build up many layers of the colour to get the effect I am looking for. The Oxides are a Die/Pigment fusion and therefore you can build up the layers without creating mud.
I then spent lots of time adding layers to each die cut piece. I also added shading around the edges of each die cut piece blending the Oxides around the edges and then drying the ink with a heat tool. I stamped the Raven on this panel and also created a mask so that I could add further stamping.
I then used the background stamp from the On The Farm stamp set and added some background stamping with Black Archival Ink.
I love spending time adding layers to my pieces, that is the fun part for me.
I added one of the Ancestors to the Raven and gave him a hat and also included a Transparent Tile and further Idea-ology along with a skull bead. I love adding random stitching as I think it adds wonderful texture and a further layer of interest to the design.
I continued adding layered details to each panel and also included some stencilled layers too.
I love this Ancestor and I added some Tape to ground him along with some wooden numbers and skull bead.
This is the detail on the reverse of the accordion. I also added some white highlights and markings.
More random stitching and some layers stapled into place using the Tiny Attacher. I also used the new web stamp behind the Raven on this panel.
Further random machine stitching for texture, leaving some of the loose threads for added interest.
I love these Cabinet Cards, I gave this lady her own Witch Hat and again added machine stitching and layered elements.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you get the chance to join in with this fabulous challenge. There are some fabulous prizes on offer.

If you would like to join in the challenge, click HERE.

Tracy x x

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Stunning Halloween make so much fabulous haunting details, love it!
Love
Amanda x

Juli Riedel said...

Tracy, I always love you work and this is awesome! Now I need to go buy this die!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this spooky house! The background colours are perfect and I love how you have 'furnished' it! Chrisx

Redanne said...

I really don't know where to start Tracy, this is fabulous in so many ways!!! I love the beautiful layered background, the raven looks fantastic, I love all your additions - absolutely brilliant! Hugs, Anne xx

Juliz Design Post said...

How I love when it comes to this time of the year and I see everyone's fun take on Halloween. Loving your details, the boy sitting on the crow and the fun skeleton heads. Fab work.
Julie x

Tonya said...

Love all the different elements of your accordion house Tracy! Colors, textures, embellishments...everything is perfect! <3

Dorthe said...

Amazing Tracy, love it , and all the scary elements :-)
Dorthe, xx

Jackie PN said...

This is outstanding Tracy!!! My word, you are so creative my friend!!
I love this! And I love that your nails even match your project! heehee
sending hugs,Jackie xx

UplayOnline said...

I always love you work and this is awesome! Now I need to go buy this die!


ทางบ้าน

Marci said...

Stunning! Is that "Here in the darkened house of weeping" a TH sticker? How evocative with your green and black colors and the skeleton heads on the people and just everything! Love this.

Words and Pictures said...

Spookily fantastic, Tracy - I love the queasy colour tones, and amazing stamping and decoration throughout. A brilliant creation to turn that charming cottage into a properly haunted house!
Alison x

A Pink said...

This is fabulous! Tracy and such a great showcasing of Eileens die and all those halloween goodies. Appealingly sppoly ! Love it x