Monday 21 August 2017

Ravens

Welcome, today I have been creating a Halloween card.
The background is created with Distress Oxides Twisted Citron and Black Soot, adding layers to get the desired depth.
I then created a mono print using the new Tim Holtz Crossed Layering Stencil and Black Soot Distress Ink.
I stamped the two Ravens with Black Archival and added a few delicate splatters of White Paint. I also added the Happy Halloween sentiment from the Pumpkin Head stamp set.
I love how all the layers are visible adding so much detail to the background.
I added random machine stitching for added texture and also included a Transparent Tile which I stapled into place. This Raven is holding onto a skull bead.
And this Raven is holding onto a spider.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

10 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

What a super design and the Twisted Citron on the background gives the wow factor to your card. Love the quirky touch in the ravens beaks.
Hugs Julie x

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow! Just wow!

Sue said...

Tracey this is amazing, I love the Twisted Citron and the transparent tile, and the stamping is just fabulous. Have a great week, Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Those Ravens look magnificent against your background Tracy, what a clever idea to add the hanging embellishments and I love the way you have added the transparent tile. Fab Halloween card. Thank you again for sharing another super design. Hugs Tracey xx

Amanda said...

brilliant and a great colour choice away from the norm, love the birds holding things
great Halloween card
Love
Amanda X

Jane Luxem said...

Love this! Very creative!

Redanne said...

Beautiful layering Tracy and I love the embellishments hanging from the Ravens beaks, such a great touch! Hugs, Anne xx

Jackie PN said...

I know your card is supposed to be spooky, but can it be beautiful at the same time? What a fabulous job you did! I love it!
Jackie xx

Marci said...

Love the Twisted Citron And black Soot combo. The ravens look so good with the ornaments hanging from their beaks. Gorgeous! Even though it is Halloween.

A Pink said...

Great halloween card! Tracy . Love those greeny , yellow tones with the striking black . The dangling skellie and spider are cool - made me smile :) x