Thursday 16 February 2017

The Sweetest Thing

Back today with a vintage piece.
I used Tim's Winged Things stamp set for this piece on a backdrop created with a layer of Antique Linen Distress Paint and Distress Crayons Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo.
A touch of stencilling has been added to the backdrop using one of Tim Holtz new Mini Layering Stencils and I then blended more Distress Crayon across the background and stencilled areas.
She stands on a layer of corrugated card which has been painted lightly with Antique Linen Distress Paint.
I also added a circular piece of rusty tin wire and she is holding a vintage pen nib.
I have added tape nestled behind the corrugated card along with a few remnant rubs. I also included a piece of Film Strip Ribbon which also has a Remnant Rub Added. A little red heart adds a pop of colour.
A SWEET Flashcard adds a little more interest, I crumpled the card and then coloured with Distress Crayon to highlight the creases and add to the vintage/aged feel.
I added delicate splatters of white paint for an added layer of interest.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


16 comments:

A Pink said...

Super card Tracy . Some great dimension created with all those layered elements . x

Kaz Hall said...

Love all those different layers Tracy, another fabulous make xx

Redanne said...

A beautiful vintage creation Tracy, love how the girl is holding the pen nib and your dimensional background is wonderful!! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You really do have an art to building up those dimensional elements Tracy. Another outstanding creation.. Hugs Tracey xx

Annie said...

Totally fabulous card Tracy x love the layers in the background and the way you added the film strip and wire etc......love it !!!!
Sending my best wishes
Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

Simply fantastic - the dimension you've created is amazing, and there's such a sense of fluid movement. I absolutely love this.
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Utterly gorgeous Tracy, wonderful layered elements together. Have a great weekend xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

love all layers and details in this piece xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous card Tracy with great layers and detail.
Julie x

Tracy Welham said...

Fab card, love the layers and the filmstrip element. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

catherine said...

Great piece Tracy and goes so well together
catherine

hula-la said...

Absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing! Aloha!

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous! You continually amaze me with your designs and ideas!

Marci said...

Beautiful layers and shades of brown.

Barbara said...

Wow Tracy, I adore this project! you're one of the most eclectic artist! I'm never disappointed when I admire your works! Barbara

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Tracy, Sorry I haven't been over in like forever. Hubby's been very ill.
I do Love how you incorporated the wire and filmstrip into your creation.
I so admire your art work
Hugs Lynn