Friday 26 August 2016

Believe

Today I am back with another piece for Fernli Designs using their fabulous laser cut crafting supplies.
I love these Fairy House Tall, fantastic for altering and I opted for a seasonal make this time around.
I began by applying a coat of Gesso drying with my heat tool and then adding a coat of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Cadmium Red Hue again drying with my heat tool. Next I applied Texture Paste over Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and allowed to dry. I then applied a coat of DecoArt Media Crackle Paint which I did not apply too thickly as I wanted a thiner more subtle crackle. If you want good thick huge cracks simply apply a thicker coat.
I love the crackle and how the red is clearly visible below and I love the added texture and dimension from the stars, subtle but I like it.
Twigs have been added to the roof for a real rustic feel and I painted the edges of the roof edges with the same red paint.
I added a small house inside, adding a santa image from Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods stamp set. I added twigs around the edges of the house again to add to the rustic feel of my piece and to add further texture and dimension to my design.
Three Stars have been added, again from Fernli Designs, painted red and stamped with the month of December. I added a circle of rusty tin wire along with a rusty tin star.
Thanks to Tina and Lou for inviting me, I have loved altering this house which could be used in so many ways; a fairy house, bird house, forest house, halloween house; there are endless ideas.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x 

Fernli Designs Shop
Fernli Designs Facebook

8 comments:

Redanne said...

This is an amazing piece of work Tracy, I love that you did a Christmas theme, it also has a Spanish feel to it, I can just imagine it in blues too - love this, you are so creative! xxx

Juls said...

Fabulous xx

Sue said...

This is beautiful Tracy, so many gorgeous details! I love the red stencilling, so subtle but it adds so much. Have a great weekend xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous as always, Tracy ! xxx

Pamellia said...

Fabulous project Tracy! Love the twig roof, how wonderfully rustic! The subtle star pattern under your crackle really doubles up the texture, brilliant idea! Love it! hugs :)

Words and Pictures said...

Just fantastic, Tracy, from top to bottom! Love the twigs and fab rusty accents, and that crackle is so cool.
Alison x

Pop's Cards said...

Absolutley stunning sweetie :0) hugs Pops x

A Pink said...

Fabulous! Tracy Love the tall house laser cut and hoe you have chosen to alter it . Wonderful texture combined with lovely seasonal colours and chosen embellishments. The natural twigs and rusty metal are terrific touches .
hugs x