Thursday 25 August 2016

What's The Buzz?

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost. Today I am showcasing the fabulous Paperboy stamp set.
I have opted for a mixed media tag this time around which began with a Gesso Resist background which I then cut down to size.
I applied Gesso over one of Tim's Layering Stencils, dried the Gesso with a heat tool and then applied Broken China Distress Ink over the top. The Gesso resists the ink. I then added splatters of water to the background which I allowed to sit for a few moments and then dabbed dry with a piece of kitchen towel.
I also added further stencilling, this time applying Broken China Distress Ink over the same stencil to give a tone on tone effect.
The focal image has been stamped with Black Archival Ink and once again I have added a circular spotlight around the image using Titanium White Paint. I have also added a few random numbers to strips of card to echo the stencilled numbers in the background.
A few delicate splatters of paint complete the design.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

8 comments:

A Pink said...

Fabulous tag! Tracy Love the colour, the imagery and the stenciling . hugs x

Amanda said...

Love this fab background
Love
Amanda x

Juls said...

Gorgeous ... Loving that teal colour

Redanne said...

The gesso resist is wonderful and works so well with the Broken China, I love that boy stamp too... you always use it so beautifully! Love this. Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Tracy! Love the resist technique, it creates such a subtle but effective design! The paper clips are a great detail and the black backing is wonderful for contrast. hugs :)

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous tag Tracy, love the depth of the background layers, and of course I love the paperboy image.
Avril x

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this. I love this stampset !
Great tag Tracy !
Corrie x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous tag Tracy! Love that little fella!
Alison x