Thursday 11 December 2014

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Hope you are all enjoying the build up to the festivities. I am definitely enjoying December this year. Today I have a Christmas card for you using the Geometric Ornament from Katzelkraft.
I began by adding stencilling to a piece of white card using Tim Holtz Christmas Layering Stencil and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, applying the same ink to the edges for definition. I then added a second layer to my card stencilled with the Holiday Knit stencil and Fired Brick Distress Ink.
I then inked the Geometric Ornament with Vermillion and touches of Potting Soil Archival Ink and stamped onto the bottom corner of the card. I love how the stencilled lettering is still visible behind the ornament.
I die cut a star from white card, coloured with Fired Brick Distress Ink, added a Chitchat sticker to the top and added to the top corner of my card. I also die cut a mini tag from white card, stamped Winter and 25 onto the tag and fastened to my twine bow and included a Christmas button to the centre for added interest. I then added the design to a white card adding stencilled stars to the background.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Very much my style! xx

Pamellia said...

You are the queen of stencils Tracy! Another amazing holiday card with that gorgeous ornament stamp! Love your big loopy twine bow and that amazing reindeer button! holiday hugs :)

Brenda Brown said...

Another beautiful card Tracy xx

massofhair said...

BEAUTIFUL card Tracy, loving the colours very much and the added little embellishments :-) xxx

Redanne said...

You really have made some really gorgeous cards for Christmas Tracy and this one is no exception. Loving the red and white theme... Hugs, Anne xx

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful Tracy! Love twine bow and the embellishments you've added!

Anonymous said...

This has a lovely elegance to it but with a contemporary twist and how beautiful the colours are.
Wishes
Lynne
I have to say Thank You for your wonderful words re my GA spot at Somerset Place.

Words and Pictures said...

I just love your loopy twine bows, and it adds a fab finishing touch to this gorgeous layered card. I love the bauble over the stencilled lettering and great colours.
Alison xx