Thursday 18 December 2014

Frosty Christmas for Katzelkraft

Morning everyone and welcome. Today I have my weekly post for Katzelkraft using the fabulous Geometric Ornament.
I have opted for some frosty blues and whites today beginning with the background I applied Broken China Distress Ink over the Stars Layering stencil and added shading to the edges. I then added a second layer with subtle background stamping using Tim Holtz text background stamp from the Classics 9 stamp set.
I then took a further piece of white card, mixed Salty Ocean reinker to Wendy Vecchi's Crackled Texture Paste and applied over the Stars Layering Stencil, I love the texture this gives to the background. Shading has also been added to the edges of the card with Broken China Distress Ink.
I inked the Geometric Ornament with Forget-Me-Not and touches of Potting Soil Archival Inks and stamped onto white card, I repeated this for a second stamping and then cut both baubles out and added to the background of the card. Natural twine has been added to the top of each bauble along with pewter charms coloured with Alcohol Inks.
I applied Broken China ink over the CHRISTMAS wording on the Christmas Layering stencil, cut out the wording and then added to the bottom of the card.
 I love the subtle crackle on the background stars, this adds a wonderful tactile feel to the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop




9 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Just been leaving some love for this fabulous card over at Katzelkraft - but it's even better here with those fab close-ups. I hadn't really noticed the pewter charms over there - they look amazing!
Alison xx

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Tracy another stunning card,love the glitter, the balls and those bows are the best,wishing you and yours a GRRRREAT holiday season, cards in the mail might be late. (((( BIG HUGS )))

massofhair said...

Fantastic crackle on the stars, beautiful colours and i am in love with this bauble stamp! :-) xxx

Pamellia said...

Every time I visit you I declare your card to be my favourite, and then you make another one and that one is my favourite! I love the aquas, and the brown twine is fabulous! Amazing texture on your stars, what an incredible holiday card Tracy! holiday hugs :)

Ellie Knol said...

Tracy, this really looks fabulous, with beautiful details!

Denise Fletcher said...

You can send this to me, Tracy...oh no, wait, l'll have the one with the reindeer in the bauble, oh no, wait, l'll have the one with the......

Redanne said...

Truly stunning, I love the gorgeous blues and frosty whites - and those beautiful little charms. Just stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous card Tracy, I love all the details of this one!!!...
And I take the opportunity to tell you that I've well received my stamps (very happy with them, thanks so much!!). I wish you a Merry Christmas with Family, and a lot of Happiness. Hugs, Coco xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Wow, fantastic love that frosty colouring. Crafty blessings, Tracy