Monday 24 November 2014

Rustic Charm of Christmas

Welcome to today's weekly post for Artistic Outpost and once again I am showcasing the fabulous MidWinter stamp set.
This card is 5" x 7" and the background has had subtle stencilling added with Tim Holtz Star Layering Stencil using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I have also added the stars once again to the next layer this time applying Embossing Paste over the stencil for added texture.
The reindeer has been stamped with Potting Soil Archival Ink and I have added touches of white with a pen to add to the frosty feel along with touches of Picket Fence Distress Paint around the edges. I have also added a Chitchat sticker for added interest.
I have also added a tag cut from kraft card, added stencilled stars to the background and distressed the tag around the edges.
To complete I have added rustic twine, died seam binding and a rusty star coloured with touches of Picket Fence Distress Paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


9 comments:

Suzanne C said...

I don't know how you keep coming up with so many beautiful ways using the handsome buck but I love them! Keep them coming. You keep me wanting to pull him out and ink him up!

Doreen said...

Lovely image and colours, this is gorgeous.xxx

Anneke said...

Wonderful christmascard. Love the look of it. Great design. Thanks for showing Anneke.

Redanne said...

The more I see the midwinter set, the move I like it... you have used it beautifully, it really does suit the Kraft and I love the additional embossing too. Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Rustic but also very elegant.
I like all the natural elements you brought together which fit the stamp choice to perfection.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Tracy, love the kraft base. I need to get this stamp set out again ! Sue C x

Dianne said...

WOW Miss Tracy this is a snowy, star studded, fabulous card, just stunning, you showcased MidWinter stamp set to perfection, you really are a creative genius, thanks for sharing hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! Love the natural rustic theme! Such a pretty scene that you created! Puts me in the holiday spirit!

Pamellia said...

This is gorgeous Tracy! I love the country feel, it's my favourite! All the wonderful browns and fabulous stencilling with the white and the dark brown...it's such a great holiday card! Love the amazing angles you got with your camera too! hugs :)