Thursday 20 November 2014

Green and White Christmas

This is the final card in my series of green and white again using the fabulous Christmas Tree from the KTZ61 Rois Mages stamp set.
This week I have created an A4 card applying stencilled stars to the background using Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Fern Green Archival Ink.
I stamped the Christmas Tree three times adding to three panels using Fern Green Archival Ink and applying the same ink around the edges of each panel for definition.
For the middle panel on my card I poured hot Black Ultra Thick enamel onto my non-stick craft sheet and then heated with my heat tool to ensure the enamel was hot and completely melted.
I then inked the Christmas Tree stamp with VersaMark Ink to act as a release agent and then placed my Christmas Tree stamp into the hot Ultra Thick Enamel, allowed to cool slightly and then removed. Whilst the enamel is still warm I then cut around my design.
I then applied wax over my design to highlight all the wonderful detail. I then adhered this piece to the central panel on my card.
A touch of tone on tone background stamping adds further interest to my design.
I used a ShadowPress to add CHRISTMAS to the top of my design along with an added Chitchat sticker.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop

7 comments:

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Tracy, this is gorgeous! What a genius idea with the black UTEE and the gold wax, I thought that middle tree was made out of metal! WOW! Love it! hugs :)

massofhair said...

Stunning card Tracy, love the UTTEE tree and the added wax to highlight it. Such a great monochrome card :-) xxx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Great card Tracy been thinking of sharing offy melt pot lately? x

Rita said...

Fabulous card Tracy. Love those trees. Hugs Rita xxx

JJ said...

Absolutely beautiful Tracy, love it all.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Redanne said...

Oh my, what a fabulous idea! Your tree in the middle looks amazing! Love how you did this - I forget about using embossing powders without the melt pot - you may have persuaded me to have another go at this fantastic technique. Your card is beautiful. Hugs, Anne xx

Ita said...

Hi Tracy,I just love this,great step by step.
Ita in Ireland.
Ita.