What better way to kick off the New Year than with old favourites of course! The Simon Says Stamp Monday Design Team are hoping to inspire you this week with projects that feature some of their all time favourite products.
- Apply acrylic paint onto the Gel Printing Plate and brayer the paint over the plate to get good even coverage. A small blob only is needed to cover the plate.
- Place the Mini Letter Chaos Template onto the Gel Printing Plate, place a piece of scrap paper over the top and press lightly to ensure the template makes good contact with the Plate. Remove the scrap paper and then remove the template.
- Place a piece of white card onto the Gel Printing Plate, rub over the back of the card and then remove, this will give you the print above on the left hand side.
- For the second print (shown on the right) I repeated the steps 1 to 3 but this time I rubbed over the Template with an Anti Static Bag, this gave a cleaner crisper print as less of the ink stuck to the Template.
- Apply a dark coloured acrylic paint to the Gel Printing Plate, place the Mini Letter Chaos Template onto the Plate as before, remove the Template and then place a piece of white card over the Gel Printing Plate and rub over with your hand and then remove to achieve the first print. However this time set the Gel Printing Plate to one side for five minutes or so to allow the paint to dry onto the plate completely.
- Once the paint on the Gel Printing Plate is completely dry apply a light colour paint to the plate, this time I use Claudine Hellmuth Traditional Tan paint, brayer the paint over the dried layer; this layer of paint rejuvinates the dry paint. Place a piece of white card onto the Gel Printing Plate rub over the back with your hand and then remove. You will have the print shown above. I love this technique.
For more great ideas please pop over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog and take a look at my fellow team members artwork they have created some inspirational projects.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x
Tim Holtz Winged Things 2 Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Alterations - Tiny Tabs and Tags Die
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Signmaker Alpha Parts
Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
Crafter's Workshop Dina's Mini Letter Chaos Template
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Traditional Tan Paint
Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs, Black Soot
Archival Ink - Black