Friday 10 January 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

This week I am showcasing the Basketweave Purse, part of the Singles range from Creative Expressions.
I began by creating a background on acetate, colouring the acetate with Cranberry Alcohol Ink, adding touches of Gold Mixative for a metalic highlight. To add texture I then embossed the acetate with Couture Creations Damask Embossing Folder.
To highlight the texture from the embossing I added touches of Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax., I love this embossing folder and was really pleased how it worked with the acetate!

I stamped the bag onto a piece of plum coloured card and then embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold Detail Embossing Powder, cut out the image, bent the bag to add dimension and then added a piece of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ball Chan as a handle along with a Vintage Metal Embellishment. I also included a brass handbag charm for added interest.
Happy Birthday has been stamped onto white card with Potting Soil Archival Ink and coloured with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and added to the top of the card.
I cut a dimensional flower using the Bauble Blossom Two Spellbinders Die, adding a button to the centre and ribbon to the back of the flower.

Don't forget it is "Fun Time Friday" once again on the Creative Expressions Facebook page, simply leave a comment and you could be in with a chance of winning a fabulous prize.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


Creative Expressions Facebook
Creative Expressions News








10 comments:

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow absolutely gorgeous stunning card, I love the background technique, wow it is so amazing, I wouldn't mind having a go with alcohol inks its ages since I had a play with them. The colour and the gold makes it really rich and oozes elegancy. Kezzy :-) xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Tracy! Love the stunning background and elegant purse!

Words and Pictures said...

Gloriously rich and vivid colours, Tracy, which show off the basket weave perfectly - that flower is a stunner and I love the gilding.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Tracy, this is a Beautiful Card such rich sumptuous Colours, the Basketweave looks Fantastic
love and hugs from Sam x

Mrs B said...

Hi Tracy. I love the card, and how you have made the bag look so 3D. Tale care.

rachel said...

gorgeous texture and a beautiful colour on this piece Tracy - fabulous xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful colours and design Tracy love that gorgeous flower.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Redanne said...

Oh my, this is such a beautiful card Tracy, I love the colours, the design - everything! Wow. hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

Richness and depth and that wonderful texture make for a sumptuous card.
Wishes
Lynne

carol edwards said...

Hi Tracy love the acetate background, never thought of running it through embossing folder, thanksx