Friday 13 October 2017

FEARLESS

Today I have a project using stamps from AALLandCreate including my own range of stamps. All stamps are available from the BOUTIQUE.
I opted to create a book this time around using Eileen Hull's ScoreBoards XL Die Passport Book.  Its such a joy creating with stamps that you have designed yourself and I still can't quite believe I have my own range of stamps.
I began by die cutting the covers and pages for the book and then coloured each mountboard piece with Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylics in Lemon and Magenta.
I stamped one of my sentiments along the spine and added some background stamping. I stamped the Bird from my stamp set which you can find HERE using Black Archival Ink, stamping over the Magenta stamped layer. I love adding layers to my designs. The background stamping has been created using Autour de Mwa and Fiona's stamp sets which you can also find in the Boutique. I masked my bird and then added the Feather behind. I love that the Magenta stamping is still visible behind the darker, bolder black stamping on top.
I added painted layers inside along with some background stamping. I stamped my bird with Black Archival Ink and then inked the stamp lightly with Magenta paint and stamped over the top to give a second layer of colour. My Stamp Platform worked beautifully for this process.
I am loving this colour scheme at the moment and I adore the inspirational quotes from my set of stamps.
I wanted to keep the book fresh, bold and funky.
I stamped FEARLESS on top of the focal imagery, adding some touches of Magenta on top. I also included a monocle over the birds head, adding a feather embellishment below taken from an old piece of jewellery.
I stamped 'Rise Above' below my bird to ground the image so that it was not floating on the page. I also included some scratchy paint lines with an old credit card.

I bound the pages together with some black twine.
I am really pleased with the outcome of this little creative time. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Tracy
xxx





8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - what a great way to enhance all these wonderful stamps Tracy and such a SUPER NEAT project too. Loved seeing this and your creative stamps too! Xj.

Unknown said...

I found it!!!!! Love this little gem ❤️

Annie said...

Love your journal Tracy and the lovely bright colours made me smile as its so dark and dreary with rain here in my neck of the woods !!! Your stamps are fabulous and sit perfectly in this style of journalling.

TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Redanne said...

It really must be a joy to have your own stamps and I love seeing what you create with them. Your passport album is an absolute delight - gorgeous colours and wonderful design! Hugs, Anne xx

Amanda said...

Fabulous make, even better using your own stamps. Pink and yellow one of my fav colour combo’s
Love
Amanda x

Jackie PN said...

Really digging on the message from this book Tracy! great happy colors, stamping and quoting!
Jackie xo

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful combination of colours, so zesty with a hint of tropicana. I love how you have mixed the stamp sets together including your own as it shows how they really do work together. The way you have addressed the inside leaves it so open to add more if but leave it just as it is if desired. A super creation which you clearly have enjoyed creating. Thank you for sharing with us all.
Hugs Tracey xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW...talk about FUN! LOVE the artsy vibe with all the images, and of course the grab me color!