Saturday 21 January 2017

Live Inspired

A little mixed media piece I created using Finnabair pastes combined with a Relic piece from Prima (Sandra Evertson).
I used a Prima Tray as my base coloured with Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic. The background has been created using Finnabair's Rust Pastes applied through a stencil.
I added book pages to the centre which I crumpled and tore to add age and I also added one of my favourite Relic pieces to the centre.
I added a small embroidery hoop for added dimension.
Expression is taken from a book page and I also added some cotton threads and rusty tin wire for added texture.
I also added numbers from Tim Holtz Idea-ology along with a few Remnant Rubs. Original is another piece torn from a book page.
I love how in this picture all the layers are visible. I also wrapped rusty tin wire around the embroidery hoop, again for added texture.
To complete I added "Live Inspired" to the top of my tray. I also aged the Relic piece by giving it a wash of Raw Umber DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

10 comments:

Juli Riedel said...

Girlie! Love, love this! The face piece is by who? Would love to order some! Great job as always!

Amanda said...

Love this!
Love
Amanda x

Redanne said...

Totally stunning Tracy, I love rusty stencilling in the background and the partial face looks amazing on the beautiful background you created! Love!! Hugs, Anne xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Tracy! What a wonderful work of art! So creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

Suzanne C said...

Striking! Love the molded eyes and the way you highlighted them! All is well my friend. :) Glad you stopped by to check in. Hugs Suzz

Pamellia said...

What a wonderfully unique piece Tracy! I love that facial mold focal piece in the centre, and the many layers of book pages underneath is so much fun! Fabulous pattern on the background and the colours remind me of a patina piece. Your trademark rusted wire and bits of string are always a great finishing touch!! sending hugs :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracy, I love your rusty wire, and the Prima pieces look amazing xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Tracy
I adore this - the is sensational and I love the rust paste stenciled, it looks so amazing and the R&A creating such a strong focal.
Wishes
Lynne

A Pink said...

This is fab! Tracy Love the rusty paste stenciling and all the rusty wire twisted and coiled . Terrific work . x

Kate Yetter said...

Oooooooh! I Love this! That turquoise is a stunning background. It really makes that relic pop!
Kate