Thursday 26 May 2016

The joy is in the planting!

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost. Today I am using the fabulous Seed Packets Background stamp and the Harvest stamp set. As I am a keen gardener, these are a favourite of mine at the moment.
I cut a piece of white card 4.5" x 6.5" and then applied removable tape around all the edges of the card, leaving me a panel in the centre to stamp and decorate. I added a piece of book page to the central panel.
I coloured the central panel with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I applied the inks directly to a non-stick craft sheet, applied water to the panel with a paintbrush and then used a wet paintbrush to apply Peeled Paint Distress Ink first and then Vintage Photo; blending as I moved around and then dried with a heat tool.
I then stamped the Seed Packets Background image onto the coloured background using Black Archival Ink. I then applied a good thick coat of DecoArt Crackle Glaze and allowed to dry completely. DecoArt Raw Umber Antiquing Cream was applied to accentuate the cracks and then I added Matte Medium over the top to protect. I stamped the sentiment from the Harvest stamp set onto white card using Fern Green Archival Ink, colouring the edges with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then added to the card.
I coloured two plastic plant labels with Citrus Alcohol Ink and then stamped them with some of the text from the Seed Packets Background stamp. I added a brad to attach them together and then adhered to the card along with some appropriate wording from the Harvest stamp set.
I added stamping to the inside of my card; applying Fern Green and touches of Black Archival to part of the imagery. I then removed the removable tape from around the edges of my card, applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges and added splatters of Peeled Paint Distress Paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

6 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant vintage crackle panel in the background and a great vintage look.
Alison x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! I have been enjoying the pictures of your garden on FB. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - this is WONDERFUL Alison. What a beautiful creation. And you now what - the sentiment is soooooo true. Every day we plant little seeds in the lives of others in some way but most of the time - we never see the results. The crackle glaze made a wonderful addition - wow and that string is just perfect too. I just love this. Xj.

Redanne said...

I know how much you love your garden Tracy so this is just perfect - I love the real vintage feel you have given it, the crackle is fantastic! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love this gorgeous vintage garden card Tracy with the wonderful layers of inks and crackle, I was so happy to have spent most of the day in the garden yesterday and have been potting up with fuchsias and summer bedding. Now why hasn't FB been showing me your garden photos. Will take a specific look later xx

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is fabulous Tracy. The crackle effect in the background is subtle but very effective! Love your curved banner, great detail! hugs :)