Thursday 19 May 2016

Live, Laugh, Play

Today I am showcasing the Bottle Caps Background stamp and the Paperboy stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I opted for a neutral backdrop created with Vintage Photo Distress Ink; applied to plastic packaging, spritzed with water and the ink pressed onto the background and then dried with a heat tool. I then applied Fired Brick Distress Ink to the Stripes Layering Stencil, spritzed with water and then lay the inked stencik onto the background, dabbing with a piece of kitchen towel and then removing and drying with a heat tool,
I also added touches of background stamping using the Ephemera Backgrounds stamp set, stamped with Potting Soil Archival Ink. I then stamped three of the bottle caps only using the Bottle Caps Background stamp and Black Archival Ink. I also added Live, Laugh, Play from The Golf Club stamp set.
I used stamps from the Grunge Elements stamp set to age the background further and to add more layers of interest.
I recycled a bottle cap and added one of the stamped bottle caps to the centre. This adds dimension to the design.
I added the children from the Paperboy stamp set to the bottom of the card, and coloured the imagery with a touch of Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age. I also added a painty circle over the imagery using Fired Brick Distress Paint and an old lid. Live, Laugh, Play was added once again, this time to the edge of the circle.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, the earthy colours are wonderful. Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Tracy! I love the amazing background work you always do, so interesting!! The 3d bottle cap is a fun detail, great flow with the stamped ones. hugs :)

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful vintage looking creation Tracy, love the wonderful background you created and the bottle caps look brilliant! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous distressed background and gorgeous card. Have a great weekend my friend xxx

Gaby Bee said...

Just beautiful! Love your card!

Words and Pictures said...

Another great grungy look - love the bottle tops in 2D and 3D!
Alison x