Thursday 28 April 2016

You can't buy happiness but you can buy ice cream!

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost. Today I am showcasing the newly released Ice Cream Shoppe stamp set available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I decided to do something a little different this week. I thought the imagery from this stamp set was perfect for a sweet treat container. Eileen Hull's Canister die was perfect for this.
I coloured the background of the Canister die with Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks, applying one colour at a time. I applied the Distress Inks to a piece of plastic packaging, spritzed with water and then pressed the packaging onto the die cut and then dried with a heat tool. I continued with this process until I was happy with the coverage of colour.
I stamped the Ice Cream Cone onto each side of the Canister using Potting Soil Archival Ink.
I placed the Tim Holtz Chevron stencil onto the background and applied Picked Raspberry Distress Ink over the stencil to add a further layer of interest.
I used part of the sentiment from the stamp set to add the 'ice cream' text to each side of the canister, stamped with Pink Peony Archival Ink.
I applied Squeezed Lemondade Distress Paint to old lids and stamped onto the background and also added delicate splatters of paint for a further layer of interest.
I added a couple of ice cream embellishments to the top of the canister and decorated using all the same layers as with the outside edges.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


7 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful colours Tracy,so bright and fresh, perfect for these great stamps! Deb xo

Inkypinkycraft said...

gorgeous ice cream colours on your lovely make x hugs x

Words and Pictures said...

Way, way too long since I've been here... apologies! The ice cream colours here are just delightful, and I love all the splatters and splodges - magic!
Alison x

Redanne said...

Ah yes Tracy, life is definitely better with ice cream! I just love the ice cream colours you have used on this wonderful canister. Makes me wish I had some ice cream in! Hugs, Anne xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Fab, fab, fab ! Love those colours. What a gorgeous piece ! And yes, life is better with icecream !
Corrie xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a cute cute idea, and love the colors!!! This is super fun Tracy!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic project Tracy! Love the pretty colors and scrumptious ice cream! Definitely a weakness of mine (sea salt Carmel gelato )