Wednesday 20 April 2016

New Release - Artistic Outpost

Today the Artistic Outpost Design Team are taking a look back at the March new stamp release, for more details, pop by the AO Blog.
This time around I am showcasing the Seed Packets Background. I began by applying Color Bursts Crystals Terre Verte and Burnt Orange to the background of my white card and then spritzing with water and drying with a heat tool.
http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/seed-packets-background.html
I then placed some removable tape onto my non-stick craft sheet and coloured with Citrus Alcohol Ink.
This is the background coloured with Color Bursts prior to any decoration.
I then stamped the Seed Packets Background image onto the removable tape using Archival Ink. I then removed each strip one at a time and added them to the background of the card.
Once I applied the stamped tape to the card I then coated with one coat of Matte Medium to protect. I also added a touch of stamping to the inside of the card using Potting Soil and Monarch Orange Archival Ink.
I added two terracotta pots to my design using Wendy Vecchi's Mat Minis which I coloured with Orange Blossom Embossing Powder; removing some of the powder from the edges before heating. Once the powder was melted and cool I then applied Potting Soil Archival Ink around the edges to add to the aged feel. I stamped 'SEEDS' using part of the sentiment from the newly released Harvest stamp set and added it to one of my pots.
I coloured a couple of plastic plant labels with Citrus Archival Ink and then stamped each of them with part of the imagery from the Seed Packets Background stamp. I also applied Potting Soil Archival Ink to the edges of each of the plant labels.
For added interest I also included some coiled rusty wire, moss and mini pumpkins.

My fellow design team members have also created more projects to inspire you, please pop by their blogs.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x 

9 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Tracy, this is such a creative card! Love the idea of using the removable tape for the background plus all of your other wonderful details :-)

Tracy Welham said...

Very vintage, great colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Pamellia said...

Holy cow Tracy, that might be one of my favourite techniques ever!! Stamping on tape strips...WHAT!!!! Love it! You are a genius and your card is just stunning! hugs :)

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card, Tracy!! You know how I love you and your creative style and your use of tape--AWESOME!! I've been waiting for you to tell us how you created this card ;) :) LOVE IT!! And love those little terra cotta pots! Need me some of those for sure!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Redanne said...

Oooh, another beauty Tracy, the colours are so Spring-like and I love the idea of stamping onto tape, it looks amazing! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Oh my GF, fabulous card! TU for sharing the tech, I need to try this asap!

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous card Tracy, and such a creative technique for the background. Love the addition of the little terracotta pots with their plant sticks.
Avril x

Terry said...

Tracy, I do love those pots and your label sticks! So clever and wonderful background as well. Love this!

Words and Pictures said...

Just brilliant - the stamping on the tape creates such a cool effect once stuck down again, and those little terracotta pots are simply perfect - love it!
Alison x