HAPPY CHRISTMAS. Hope you are all enjoying the festive season. The Simon Says Stamp Monday Design Team are hoping to inspire you today with projects that feature some Winter ideas.
- Cover the canvas with tissue that has been crumpled. Apply Multi-Medium Matt onto the canvas and then press the tissue onto the glue and set aside to dry. Trim away any excess tissue paper.
- Place the Hero Arts Elegant Pine stencil onto the canvas and apply White Embossing Paste over the stencil using a palette knife and set aside to dry.
- Once completely dry apply Sky Fresco Finish Paint over the canvas, I applied with a piece of Cut 'n' Dry Foam adding touches of Inky Pool paint over the branches.
- Die cut the birds from white card using Sizzix Birds On A Wire die and then colour the birds with Weathered Wood Distress Ink, applying Black Soot around the edges of each bird for definition. Stamp text onto each bird using the background stamp from the Classics 9 Stamp Set using Black Archival Ink. Affix the birds to the top of the canvas.
- Stamp the sentiment onto white card (I love this sentiment, a very kind gift from my dear friend and fellow team member Suzz) using Black Archival Ink and affix to the bottom left hand side of the canvas.
- Melt Beeswax in a Melt Pot using a Project Pan and then brush Beeswax over the canvas. I love the texture this gives to the canvas. Apply Beeswax randomly around the edges for added texture and dimension and then apply Treasure Gold White Fire around the edges to highlight the wonderful texture.
- Apply White Fire and Sapphire Wax over the tree to add shimmer and to highlight the tree branches and then dry brush Black Distress Paint over the tree branches to add to that frosty, cold, wintery feeling.
- Die cut three Bitty Blossoms using the Spellbinders die, colour with Sky paint, roll to create the flowers and then dip into the Beeswax. Once cool apply White Fire Wax over the edges of the flowers.
- Add two Winter Chitchat stickers for added interest, colouring lightly with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.
For more great ideas please pop over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog and take a look at my fellow team members artwork they have created some inspirational projects.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Classics 9 Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Chitchat Stickers
Impression Obsession Good For The Soul Stamp Set
Sizzix Birds On A Wire Die
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Bitty Blossoms
Distress Inks - Weathered Wood, Black Soot
Distress Paint - Black Soot
Archival Ink - Black
Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium Matt
Hero Arts Elegant Pine Stencil
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Inky Pool
PaperArtsy Treasure Gold - White Fire, Sapphire
Cut 'n' Dry Foam
Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste