Wednesday 20 November 2013

Artistic Outpost Blog Hop

Time for our monthly blog hop with Artistic Outpost and this month it's a DESIGNERS CHOICE which I love as I can use one of my favourite stamp plates once again, the SNOWY WOODS plate.
I have created a 5" x 7" card and added a Gelli Print background. To create the background I followed the following steps:
  1. Brayer Burnt Umber acrylic paint over the Gelli Printing Plate, place wooden snowflakes onto the brayered surface; place a piece of scrap paper over and just rub over lightly and then remove the scrap paper, this will just ensure good contact with the surface, then simply remove the wooden snowflakes.
  2. Brayer over the surface with a lighter colour paint, in this case I used Traditional Tan. I cut a piece of white card to fit my card front and then placed this piece onto the Gelli Printing Plate and rubbed over the back of the card to ensure good contact and then removed the card to reveal the printed background.
  3. Add some random background stamping to the background using Black Archival Ink.
From this picture you can see the subtle background stamping, adding just a touch of further interest. I also love the mix of the dark and light colours giving my card a real rustic feel.
I stamped the focal image onto white card and then tore a piece of scrap paper and added sponged areas to the backdrop.
The wooden stars used to decorate the background have also been used as the embellishments again added further dimension and interest and adding to the rustic feel. I have added Christmastime Remnant Rubs to the card, adding 25 to the snowflake and 'Christmas' and 'Believe' to the stamped image.
Natural twine and a Christmas Word Band complete my rustic Christmas card.

My fellow Design Team members have made some fabulous pieces to inspire you, please pop along and visit their blogs and be inspired along the way.

Artistic Outpost also has a fabulous REFERRAL THEME taking place for November and the theme is ANYTHING GOES using your AO images. There is also a fabulous prize on offer, upload your designs HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x

18 comments:

tracy w said...

Hi
What a stunning card thank you Tracy w

dyeandpigment said...

Great card in every respect. Thanks for sharing.

Inkypinkycraft said...

this is gorgeous ! I love this stamp , though don't own it yet! gorgeous colours , you do these so well! Hugs trace x

rachel said...

a gorgeous card Tracy - Love that image and I must say I'm feeling very inspired by your twine bow - love them xx

Kate Yetter said...

I love all the different uses you come up with for this stamp set! Your vintage and rustic old world card is gorgeous! Loving tha background as well. Great effect from the gelli plate.
Kate

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Tracy, what a fantastic background made with the Gelli plate. I really love the rustic feel you accomplished with the background and the color palette. Just a really gorgeous piece of work!

Hugs,
Linda

Nicole Wright Designs said...

What a beautiful card. Love the Santa!

Terry said...

Wonderful Christmas card! Tracy, I love the black and white image with the neutral background! Wonderful use of the gelli plate! Have fun!

Monique said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the quote.
xx Monique

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning Tracy! Love the fabulous background you created for a beautiful vintage card! The addition of the rub ons and embellies really bring your project to life!

Evelyn Walter said...

Aw, how beautiful! Love that vintage style.

Hettie said...

Wow Tracey! What a stunner of a card. Love it and great tutorial too!
Hugs
xx

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous card! I, too, love this set!

Suzanne C said...

Just gorgeous! I love love the background and how it has a beautiful rustic charm! Fabulous card.

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Tracey! A fabulous, rustic creation. Love every little detail. Thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving kind words! Take care.

Words and Pictures said...

It is such a gorgeous stamp, and I love how you've added the rubs. Magical, rustic surround too - really fab!
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the black and brown combination and the gelli print background is superb.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Maggie said...

An unusual colour combo Tracy but I love it and the gorgeous background......need to try that!

MaggieH