Thursday 15 August 2013

Stepping Into Christmas

I'm still trying to get ahead with my festive cards, I know this is a little early for some of you but I love to be organised and I always try to keep December free to just enjoy the festive season. With this in mind I have created another vintage festive card for Artistic Outpost using the Snowy Woods Plate, one of my favourites for my seasonal cards as the images never date.
I decided to create a stepper card this week using warm vintage tones. The background has been embossed and sanded to reveal the core and highlight the wonderful texture and design.
Baubles have been die cut from beige card, blending a touch of gathered twigs Distress Ink around the edges whilst the die is still in place and then stamping the wonderful focal image into the centre of the bauble using black Archival In.
I have also stamped the sentiment onto white card, coloured with gathered twigs Distress Ink and adhered to the bottom panel along with a rusty star for added depth.  A Chitchat sticker has been added to the centre of the star.
Two further baubles have been added to the top panel of the stepper and I have also added white highlights with a white pencil crayon to his beard.
Rusty bells and gold cord have been added to the top of each bauble.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



9 comments:

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Tracy, lovely rustic feel. the gold cord is a clever and pretty addition too.

rachel said...

this is wonderful Tracy - fabulous images and great embossing too - perfect x

Dianne said...

Absolutely stunning Tracy as always, left some love at Artistic Outpost too, loooove it. Thanks for sharing, boy have I missed visiting, I missed so much, I'm going to look at it all, big hugs..

SandeeNC said...

Love the monochromatic vintage look, and the bells are a fun addition! Thanks for visiting my blog, waving hi from cool hills of North Carolina ♥

Redanne said...

I just love those Father Christmas images and the way you have placed them in the baubles. Rusty stars and bells - fantastic! Love the stepper design too. Hugs, Anne x

Inkypinkycraft said...

a gorgeous project and I love this santa, I know I need him!! hugs trace x

Words and Pictures said...

I just loved this over at AO - gorgeous texture from the sanded embossing, and your use of the baubles as frames for the fab Father Christmases is so inspired.
Alison x

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Tracy! I love that Vintage Santa and fancy ornament!

Beverly Gray said...

Beautiful. Love the images!