Sunday 4 August 2013

Dimensional Canvas

I've created a dimensional canvas this week for Creative Expressions using the Tattered Lace Doily Die.

I die cut the doily from white card and adhered to my canvas and then cut a few of the areas out from the doily to add further interest.
The detail in the doily is absolutely amazing and it cuts beautifully from card especially if you use wax paper.
The doily has then been adhered to the canvas and four of the areas cut away to add further interest.
I then painted the canvas with a coat of Gesso to give me a good base to decorate and paint.
White Embossing Paste has then been applied through Wendy Vecchi's Wildflowers and Bird Stencil for added dimension.
I also added the bird from the stencil and once dry added more Gesso over the top.
I then painted the canvas with a coat of broken china Distress Paint, adding touches of antique linen.
Pearl Moon Gilding Wax has also been added to the raised areas and around the doily and in real life the shimmer is fantastic. I have also added a Label Pull with a Chitchat sticker added.
I've also added Remnants Rubs Numbers, I love how the black of the rub ons pop against the backdrop.
A Wendy Vecchi Antique Button has been added for dimension again rubbed over with Gilding Wax to highlight the wonderful detail.
I've used a charcoal pencil around the dimensional flowers for definition.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of the die and such wonderful texture.
Wishes
Lynne

Yvonne Garner said...

A gorgeous canvas Tracy! Love the added doily for texture! Thanks for dropping by my blog, too. Best, Yvonne

Words and Pictures said...

So many fab ideas here... I love those cut out areas, and the great shading around those yummy textured flowers. Great canvas!
Alison x

May said...

WOW...What a fabulous creation Tracy, The texture & colours are Beautiful... Love how you created the holes in the background...& those flowers are stunning... Hugs May x x

Brenda Brown said...

Great ideas and a fabulous creative canvas Tracy, the cut outs are so unique and original.
Hugs Brenda xox

Redanne said...

The tattered lace doily die is stunning Tracy, love those cut out areas - so interesting - and the Wendy flowers and bird are beautiful touches. Hugs, Anne x

Sandy said...

Good fathers Tracy!! So many fantastic ideas all rolled into one canvas! I am taken with the doily and the flowers. Fantastic make!
sandy