Wednesday 17 July 2013

Artistic Outpost Blog Hop

Time for Artistic Outpost's blog hop and this month our theme is CHRISTMAS.
I used the SNOWY WOODS plate this month as I love the images on this plate, they are so detailed. I showcased the images in Karen Burniston's Accordion Album die.
I stamped Father Christmas with black Archival Ink and then added touches of colour with a white pencil crayon. I also sanded all the edges of the Core'dinations card to age. I die cut a bauble from Core'dinations card, sanded the edges and then added a Christmas muse token for further interest. I stamped the Christmas sentiment onto the next panel adding three wooden trees for further interest.
I die cut a second bauble from Core'dinations card stamped the Father Christmas image onto the bauble and added twine and a metal embellishemnt to the top, along with three wooden stars for dimension.
A large bauble has been added to the side of the accordion along with twine and a coordinated button.
JOY has been added to a further bauble along with a Christmas muse token and twine.

I love the muted colour tones of this piece, the sanded edges and touches of white, giving a real vintage feel to my piece.
I also added stamping to the reverse of my accordion.

My fellow Design Team members have made some fabulous pieces to inspire you, please pop along and visit their blogs and be inspired along the way.

Artistic Outpost also has a fabulous REFERRAL THEME taking place for June and the theme is ANYTHING GOES using your AO images. There is also a fabulous prize on offer, upload your designs HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x

23 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful mages displayed perfectly Tracy, you will be well ahead when Christmas comes around.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Tracy, how clever is this?!! Love how you have used these gorgeous stamps, wonderful Christmas make!!

Sue said...

Great card but will you stop with the Christmas already!!!! :)

Mary Elizabeth said...

Wow! This is fantastic. Of course I love the stamps. Amazing!! I really love the wooden elements that you added to the panels. And the baubles on the sides ... truly an inspired touch. I really need to start working on my Christmas projects NOW!! I never have enough time. Thanks for the inspiration Tracy :) -- Mary Elizabeth

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Amazing project and detail! Love this different style of accordion.

Terry said...

What a great use of the accordion die! Love the stamps and added embellishments!

Inkypinkycraft said...

What a wonderful make, love these neutral colours and they are gorgeous images x hugstrace x

Julie S said...

Wow - this is lovely!

Kate Yetter said...

The kraft cardstock with touches of white is gorgeous! A perfect display for your images.
Kate

Carol Q said...

ooh, I have this die Tracy - love what you've done with it!

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Tracy, I love this, love the accordion, adore the colours and I desperately love the Santa images, very vintage, gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Linda S. said...

What can I say? Outstanding, just Outstanding!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is vintage Christmas at it's very best! Love this die...I need it! The images are showcased perfectly! Gorgeous!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning accordian Tracy! Love the vintage feel and the mix of AO images!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is so totally fabulous, Tracy! Such a cool accordion album. Wonderful sepia tones and such a great vintage feel. Love the way you worked in so many different AO images.

Hugs,
Linda

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is so totally fabulous, Tracy! Such a cool accordion album. Wonderful sepia tones and such a great vintage feel. Love the way you worked in so many different AO images.

Hugs,
Linda

Words and Pictures said...

Magnificent... these accordion cards are so stunning, and your white-bearded Father Christmases look brilliant in the baubles - a really amazing make, Tracy!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so pretty!!! I love this and the colors are awesome!!!

hazel said...

I love your accordion card, the images are fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Suzanne C said...

Yummy kraft, white, and black color combination. Stunning project! I love how they vintage santas look on your beautiful project!

Redanne said...

Hi Tracy, this is my most favourite die ever and you have used it beautifully! Love the vintage feel - those sepia tones are wonderful. Love this. Hugs, Anne x

Rose Curtis said...

This is so gorgeous and pretty amazing assembly too!

Karen B said...

I guess it was CHA time and I just missed it. This is incredible, Tracy! Better late than never to say so!