Saturday 5 January 2013

Masquerade

Its taken me a while to get back into the swing of things after Christmas; I seem to have spent most of my time clearing and sorting my craft space. New Year always inspires me to get organised. Time for my first piece of the New Year for Creative Expressions using the Masquerade A5 Stamp Plate.
I coloured a piece of kraft card with brushed corduroy and walnut stain Distress Inks and spritzed with water to create my background panel.

I stamped the masks onto kraft card using black Archival Ink and then spritzed with a gold spray to add a little glitz and glamour, cut out each mask and added to the stamped masks for dimension. I also used a couple of cocktail sticks to add to my masks coloured with Distress Inks.
I added black feathers to each mask along with two black buttons threaded with twine.  I added MASQUERADE using computer generated text and added it once again down the side of my card cut from kraft card. I added three black gems to the top corner to add to the glamour of my card.
I also stamped the mask onto shrink plastic and added to the bottom of my card along with some burlap ribbon and natural twine.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x 

15 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful card...looks very elegant and has a lot of interesting details.

Amanda said...

Love this card Tracy, great inspiration as I got these stamps for Xmas,
Love
Amanda x

ria gall said...

Hi Tracy
WOW what a start to 2013 you have made with this card. It is STUNNING I love everything about it.
This is a set of stamps I promised myself I would get and didn't, I am going to definitely be getting them now.
Thanks for sharing.
Ria

cheryl said...

oh wow this is stunning just love this hun,the detail is just incredible,love it hugs Cherylxxx

JansArtyJunk said...

Beautiful card Tracy....LOVE it!!!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really elegant make ..love the coffee tones and all your details are , as always, fab!trace x

Artyjen said...

Great card need those stamps. Ooooh! I love masks ;) Now where is that Mr Grey? ROFLIA
xoxo Sioux

Words and Pictures said...

Love the spritzy background - looks so elegant and mysterious! The masks look fabulous layered up, and I love the mini one on the bow!
Alison x

Christine said...

I love those masks! Besutiful project! I look forward to the upcoming months and creating along side you too! :)

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous colours together, fantastic masks and such a cute one on the bow, love it.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Anonymous said...

The spritzed background looks so gorgeous and as for those masks, extremely elegant.
100% style.
Wishes
Lynne

Annie said...

Stunning card Tracy. I love the elegance of the whole design.

Thanks for sharing

Annie x

Redanne said...

Love the elegant masks, the cocktail sticks make them look so realistic, the background is beautiful and love the little shrinkie too. Hugs, Anne x

Sandy said...

Wow this is outstanding.
Stunning design with the feathers.
Love the vintage style.
xoxo

Suzanne C said...

Love the masks with the feathers and the toothpicks as handles. Brilliant!