Wednesday 16 January 2013

Love Forever

It's time for the first monthly blog hop of the year with Artistic Outpost and our theme for this month is VALENTINE/LOVE.
I decided against the traditional reds for Valentine and went with my favourite colour palette of the moment; this will be perfect for my husband. My background has been created with mowed lawn and salty ocean Distress Stains, applying them to my non-stick craft sheet, spritzing with water and mopping up the ink with my card.
My focal image is from the BIRDS OF A FEATHER plate which I have added to a large heart, again coloured with Distress Stains. I have added the heart to a panel embossed with a heart embossing folder, rubbing a little olive bronze Treasure Gold over the embossed areas for added opulence.
For a little more interest I have added the bunting to the top of my card from the COWGIRL STRENGTH plate, coloured with Distress Stain, cut out and added to the top. I have added three small punched out hearts, coloured with peacock feathers Distress Ink along with a forever Chitchat sticker. For added texture I have also included a heart cut from corrugated card, adding a wooden bird and Chitchat sticker to the top.
LOVE has been added to the bottom of my card using the alphabet background from the SECRETARY POOL plate, stamped with black archival ink and coloured with Distress Stain. From this picture you can also see the wonderful touch of gold on the embossing from the Treasure Gold.
I have added a further heart cut from corrugated card to the bottom corner, colouring with peacock feathers Distress Ink, adding a wooden bird and Chitchat sticker to the top.

My fellow Design Team members have created some fabulous pieces, pop along and be inspired along the way.


Artistic Outpost also has a REFERRAL THEME running throughout January and the theme is ANYTHING GOES using any of your AO images.  You can link your projects HERE; there is a fabulous prize on offer.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x
     
     
     
     
     
     
     

27 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Knockout colours, Tracy, and the embossed layer and corrugated hearts add such lovely texture! The bird has never looked better!
Alison x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creation.

Helen said...

Fabulous!! I love the non-traditional colours, really different and very striking.

Sandy said...

Wow you've made a turquoise dream Tracy.
Absolutely unique and stunning.
Love them.
xoxo

Barb Cady said...

This is fabulous! I may have to pinch some of your ideas for my hubby's card, I especially love the bird image. X

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! I love the colors on this and non-traditional for a valentines card which really makes it wow! Lovely design! The bird in the heart is wonderful!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Beautiful and I love the colours and the addition of the corrugated hearts hugs trace x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Swoon...luv those colors and texture, beautiful card, DH will luv it unless you send it to me! lol

lilscrappers said...

I think that green is my new favourite colour. I'm looking to use it more this year :) I love the non traditional twist, your card is lovely.

Terry said...

Tracy, I so love this card! Those colors and textures are stunning! All the hearts and birds add such great interest! Beautiful!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous mix of AO images! Love your choice of colors and added texture!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your color palette is absolutely gorgeous! Love that you went in a non-traditional direction. Your piece is so fresh and powerful. Love how you featured the vintage bird image in the heart. Awesome work, as always, Tracy!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, love the impact from the colours you've used. The bird looks perfect nestled inside the heart, stunning ! Sue C x

Michelle said...

I love that you used a non-traditional color for your valentine. Bravo! It's awesome!

Lori said...

Wow, Tracy, the colors on this are just brilliant! Love the images, too!

Unknown said...

Aah Tracy, I LOVE this card. The colours are gorgeous and that bird image is so beautiful. Maddy x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful- although I love pink, I really like your use of alternate colors for Valentines day! Love the images you used and the banner.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, what a gorgeous card. I love it...beautiful colours. S x

Anonymous said...

Proving that the message of love can come across loud and clear yet no need for red or pink.
All your usual wonderful touches and attention to detail.
Wishes
Lynne

Jo Murray said...

Superb creations Tracey...love the colour.

Kate Yetter said...

So gorgeous, Tracy! I love how you did non-traditional valentines colors. Its fabulous! The embossed background and the banner are a perfect touch.

Gaby Bee said...

The new year is over two weeks old, but I still wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year!

Your card is fantastic, Tracy. LOVE your color choices!

Hugs
Gaby

Redanne said...

Hi Tracy, this is beautiful - green is such an under used colour and a wonderful choice as a non-traditional colour for Valentine's Day. Your colour choice really makes the lovely bird pop and the addition of the hearts makes the whole card just perfect...... Hugs, Anne x

hazel said...

This is so beautiful Tracy and it's lovely to see a colour other than pink or red.
xxx Hazel

Sandi McLean said...

Adore your colour choices, blues and greens longtime fav for me!

Hettie said...

Great colour palette there Tracy and it is nice not to see the old red mushiness!
That bird is gorgeous. Another set of stamps on my list now!
Hugs
xx

Brenda Brown said...

A wonderful design and fabulous colours, love it.
Hugs {brenda} xox