Friday 16 December 2011

Merry Christmas

I am feeling very festive now there is only a matter of days until the big day so I thought I would create a couple more festive cards using the Here Comes Santa set from IndigoBlu from The Stamp Attic.
I created the background using a piece of torn scrap paper and Distress Ink broken china. I created the background first and then stamped the snowflake border at the top of my card.
The trees were then added, with a little shading at the bottom of each tree, Merry Christmas completes my card.
Whilst I was in the festive spirit I decided to create a second card this time using the tree from the set, masked and stamped at the bottom of the card with black Archival Ink. I used the fabulous Zipper once again to create my zipper flower adding a button to the centre along with some black ribbon.
I added a couple of layers of UTEE and placed my card in the fridge and then cracked the enamel to give an aged glass tile look.
I've tried to get a close up shot so that you can see the cracks, must admit they look great in real life.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

11 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful cards

TonyR said...

beautifil cards tracy
i love the 'snow sky'
and first time i've heard of crackling utee in the fridge!! -- must try that, thanks for sharing!
have a fabulous christmas hun xxx

Annie said...

What a beautiful design.
Hugs,
A x
ps I am looking for votes for my fav poppy pic. If you would like to support me then please pop over to my blog and follow the links. Thanks x

flutterbycrafter said...

Terrific cards, wonderful xx

Sandy said...

So so beautiful cards Tracy.
Gorgeous stamping. Love them.

Juls said...

these are just gorgeous, I especially love the black and white one! Hugs Juls

Lori said...

Beautiful Tracy! And thanks for the reminder of the cracked glass with UTEE tech, that's a good one!

Brenda Brown said...

These are just gorgeous Tracy, so glad to be catching up with you and I hope to be popping back for a couple of weeks before term starts again.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxoxox

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful images, love the monochromatic look!

Lynne Phelps said...

That snowflake border is GORGEOUS, and I love the way you have used it to define the sky on both cards. LOVE the cards, they are fantastic.

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous card. Loving the trees along the bottom and the snowflakes across teh top. The zipper embellishment is wonderufl!