Tuesday 13 September 2011

Joke Card

Wow the weeks come around so quickly, must be my AGE LOL.  Talking of age, I have been using the Wrinkles Don't Hurt set of stamps for my CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS weekly DT piece. 
The idea behind this card was to create a joke card, similar to the ones you can purchase in the card shops.  I wanted the sentiments to really stand out so kept to the classy palette of black and white, shading only a few areas here and there.  The sentiments make such a great addition for humorous cards or notelets.
The only embellishments I have added are co-ordinated buttons and a circular bloom. 

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

11 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Lovely use of the stamps and the monochrome is fabulous!

Suzi B said...

LOL Tracey I identify with lots of the sentiments on this card!
Don't know how I've managed to miss some of the gorgeous stamps you are selling :(
Sue xx

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Love the monochromatic effect. Keep up the good work!!
Siobhan

Emma Williams said...

Just been catching up with all your work and WOW!! You always make me do that, when I visit your blog...lol!! I love it all but I especially love your Steampunk Shrine, simply gorgeous, Tracy! :)
Hope you are ok...
Love Emma xx

p.s. I also love the London set of projects, in Making Cards this month! :)

Sandy said...

Haha this is really fun.
Stunning balck and white work Tracy.

Anonymous said...

Tracy, this really does look like a shop bought card but only much, much better.
The clean look works so well.
Wishes
Lynne

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Tracy
I hope you are well. My new work is taking up all of my time at the moment and I love it, but I am missing my crafting and blogging buddies.
I love this card and the the sentiments are great fun.
Thanks for staying in touch and take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Juls said...

Hi Tracy

I am still playing catch up in blog land at the mo, I have enjoyed having a good look around your blog to vheck out everything I have missed, such inspirational work as always!!

Love this card, its really fun!!

Hugs Juls

Kim Dellow said...

Fab Tracy, love the monochrome. Kimx

Suzanne C said...

Very funny and love the touch with the buttons.

hazel said...

A great way to use the stamps - I love it,
xxx Hazel.