Saturday 24 September 2011

Brick by Brick

This weeks 100 Proof Press DT piece uses the Long Tower Row stamp to create my chunky ATC.
I chose to do a chunky ATC once again as it reminded me of a brick and as I was stamping buildings I thought it was quite appropriate.  The ATC has been coloured with black soot distress stain and my image has been stamped in black archival ink onto a white ATC card and the edges have been coloured with black soot distress stain. I have added a layer of matt multi-medium over the top to give some protection from any marks. A placquette from Tim's Idea-ology completes the front of my ATC.
To the sides I have added a snippet of the image onto a piece of mountboard and clear embossed over the top to give some dimension.
The reverse of my ATC has more of the image stamped, again in black archival ink with a second placquette added for continuity.
I have added a lock and key to the top of my ATC from Maya Road, coloured with black soot distress stain and silver paint dabber.  To complete I have added a vintage spool for a handle.

If you would like to see more work using the wonderful 100 Proof Press images, pop by the blog HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

15 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

Such a cool idea!! Great work as always.....just catching up on blogs, thanks for popping by mine xx

kazxx

Sandy said...

Gosh this is stunning Tracy.
Brilliant design.

Jean Franks Beck said...

I am loving your chunky ATCs! I have a small stash of them, still "naked", LOL - these are so inspirational!!

Carol Q said...

have always loved this stamp and love what you've done with it Tracy.

Emma Williams said...

I am absolutely loving all your chunky ATC's...so inspirational, will have to have a go at one, asap!! Lovely work, Tracy!

I had to laugh when you asked me where I kept all my stamps, I definitely feel your pain Tracy because at the moment, it's definitely a case of too many stamps, not enough house space!! hehe... But I do store them in empty CD or DVD cases and then put those in Really Useful Boxes, it gives me some organization in my craft room!!
Love Emma xxx

flutterbycrafter said...

What a brilliant idea, love the chunkiness of it, very inspirational xx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous design love that you continued around. Beautiful!

hazel said...

Another wonderful chunky ATC Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

360 degrees of superb work all around! Wonderful design and lovely stamping!! Hope you're having a nice weekend ;) Joanna xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Tracy, Beautiful work, love these new chunkies, great stamps too, Gay xxx

Juls said...

this is fantabulous!! Hugs Juls

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo tracy! Another favourite! I love the look! Kim

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous chunky ATC Tracy! I love the spool handle idea! x

Candy C said...

Hi Tracy. Your chunky ATCs are so beautiful! Girl...you made one and now you're definitely on a roll! They are amazing!!! LOVE THEM! <3 Candy

Lynne Phelps said...

One of my favorite 100PP stamps and you have shown it off beautifully! The TH placques really look perfect on this! Love the black and white, it's wonderful!