Sunday 12 September 2010

Stampotique Designers Challenge

The Stampotique Designers Challenge this time around is Birthday, so I thought I would take this opportunity to make my daughter a birthday card, she will be 10 on September 16th.  Laura is not really a girly girl so I thought the Stampotique stamps would fit in perfectly.
My card is 9" long and 6" wide and I have scored my card at 3" and 6" to give me my accordion.  The card is coloured with DI inks shabby shutters and dusty concord and spritzed with a little water.  I have sponged through sequin waste with black ink and added a row of triangles to the top which I simply cut from some old K & Co paper.  My images are all stamped with StazOn black ink. 
This is the other side of the accordion.  I have added some old safety pins and skull charms from a cheap necklace I purchased some time ago. 
The text has been printed on my computer and a few daisies added for a little girly touch, but not too much LOL.
I have also added some skull rub-ons to give it more of a grungy feel. 
It's a good job Laura does not read my blog.  I even had to make this at midnight last night as it's the only time Laura is not following me around the house asking what I'm doing.  I will also make a box for the card but that will have to wait for another day as I am really tired after spending the afternoon at a Pug party with my Pug pup.  We all had a great time playing Pug musical chairs, Pug pass the parcel, Pug races and Pug fancy dress LOL.  I will grow up one day, but not quite yet LOL.  Have a good evening everyone, Tracy x x

22 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow Tracy this is absolutely stunning.
Fantastic stamps and work. Love it.

Sue said...

I am sure Laura will love the card! I am seriously worried about you though......what the heck is a pug party?? Did Mitzi manage to control her puppy bladder with all the excitement????

Carol Q said...

fab Tracy. really like this.

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely wonderful, Tracy....your daughter and I share a birthday month, but I will be 5x older than she....GREAT DESIGN!

Willy said...

Wow Tracy... what a beauty. Your daughter must be very happy with this gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us again at SDC # 15.

Gillian said...

Very Cool card Tracy :)

cheryl said...

oh this is one brilliant image hun,really love the layout and your daughter will just adore it hugs cheryl xxx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

That is a one cool card Tracy ;) I am sure Laura will love it and will keep thinking, how you managed such a masterpiece without her noticing ;P Happy birthday to Laura ;)) xx

Basement Stamper said...

What a great card! I'm sure your daughter will absolutely love it. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE those images and that triple ribbon! SO CLEVER:) Sorry I've been MIA--hopefully I will be able to have more time to visit:)

SHAWN said...

I think growing up is over rated! --This birthday card is the bomb and your daughter is gona love it,Tracy. Keep on cratiing---hugs, Shawn

Zue said...

Hi Tracy
It is a fantastic card and perfect for someone who is interested in more than flowers and hearts.

It is also perfect for the time of year and those stamped images will be right up her street, I am sure.

I love the colours and all the different techniques add so much interest.
She will be bowled over!!!

Have a nice day!!
Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Laura! I am sure the card will be a winner........am with Sue on the Pug Party though!LOL

Kaz said...

Noooo don't grow up!! I love this card and I'm sure your daughter will too. You've put so many gorgeous details on it. Thanks for joining us at SDC x

Juls said...

such a fun project! Hugs Juls

Gaby Bee said...

Great composition! Love all the layering and how you have put all the elements together. I'm sure your daughter will love it.
Gaby xo

Angela Toucan said...

that is incredible

Kim said...

What a wonderful card! I am sure your daughter will just love it! Thank you for joining us over at Stampotique Designers Challenge!
:)
Kim P.

Moniqui said...

Happy birtday to Laura! 10 is a very special age! What a wonderful card! I love it and i am sure Laura will too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique!

Laura said...

Wow your daughter will love this. Fantastic birthday card!

Helen said...

This is lovely, your daughter will love it, and if not, send it my way!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Tracy, this is seriously fun! I'm sure Laura loved it! The accordion fold is fab! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique!
Val :)