It has been a busy week this week with the children going back to school tomorrow so my decorative box fits three challenges this week.
- Compendium Of Curiosities Challenge - Chipped Enamel (Page 44 of the book)
- Sunday Stamper - Secrets
- Simon Says Stamp and Show...... Your Layers!
- Paint box with two coats of Gesso.
- Once dry paint with Distress Crackle Paint, Faded Jeans. Once dry rub over a little Gesso into the cracks.
- Take the Crafters Workshop Template Mini Daisy and apply Terra through the stencil and remove.
- Once the Terra is dry you have a lovely raised flower texture. Apply a little Claudine Hellmuth Sky Blue paint with your fingers to the raised areas. Once dry add Silver Acrylic Paint Dabber on top.
- Using Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Stack die cut the Tattered Florals. I also cut some florals from some hand made paper I had left over too. Layer the flowers and add some beads to the top.
- Add two heart pins to the floral.
- Stamp the BINGO stamp onto the Vintage Shabby Paper, cut out and add to the heart pin. Punch a small circle from the same paper and I have added the number 13 for my Mother-in-Law's birthday in September.
- I have added SECRET to a small frame (printed on the computer). This frame has had the Chipped Enamel technique applied (see page 44 of the book). Adhere the frame to the box. I have also added a lock which has the word treasure embedded in it along with a small key. This too has had the Chipped Enamel technique applied. Both pieces have also had a little Silver Paint Dabber applied over the top.
My box includes many LAYERS for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, I have used SECRET in my piece of art too, needed for the Sunday Stampers challenge and I have used the Chipped Enamel technique for the Compendium of Curiosities challenge. Phew that took some doing LOL.
I have also added some Tattered Florals with a button added to the centres to the side of my box.
A little close up of my two Chipped Enamel pieces, you can just make out the word treasure on my lock. Have a great Wednesday everyone, I am off to do a little gardening and then some blog hopping later. Take care, Tracy x x