Thursday 24 June 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge

The Play Date Cafe Challenge colours this week are just gorgeous and have been picked by Sarah Anderson.  I so love how the colours appear on these chairs, they would look fantastic in my garden LOL.  I find these challenges great for encouraging you to look through your stash and maybe use products that you may otherwise not use and would just gather dust.
I really love this Penny Black stamp and use it so often.  I found some perfect BoBunny paper to use too.  I stamped the image directly onto the paper with StazOn timber brown and sponged the edges with DI ink fired brick.
I have repeated this stamping three times, matted onto brown card and then onto a turquoise card.   I have also used a dabber to swipe across the card here and there.  To complete, I have punched out three small squares, added part of the same image, adhered to the card and added the Imagine sentiment.
I have also created this card using a PaperArtsy stamp, which has been inked with StazOn timber brown ink and stamped onto turquoise card.  I have repeated this stamping on the orange BoBunny paper and cut a small rectangle.  Both have been layered onto brown card and adhered to the main card.  I have added text from a wild flower book, buttons and punched two butterflies from red card.
I have also added some scratchy like lines using an old credit card.  To complete, I have added Distress Stickles to the flower head.
Finally my third stamping.  A simple stamped card, matt and layered onto co-ordinated card, ribbon and sentiment added.  Happy crafting everyone, Tracy x

13 comments:

G Peplow said...

Neat, xx

Jan Hennings said...

Hi Tracy,
Love your card and the betterfly is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my PDCC project. I have to go snooping in my hubby's shop after he leaves for work or he catches me and TRIES to make me give it back :)

chris said...

Such beautiful different work, I love different, off to look at the rest of your blog now.
hugs chris xx

Juls said...

wow these are just fabulous!! Love the distressed feel you have created! Hugs Juls

Netty said...

They are all fabulous Tracy, Annette x

Unknown said...

So lovely, Tracy! Glad to see you were so inspired by the photo and color inspiration.. your cards are all wonderful! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

kANNAdyjka said...

Perfect!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gorgeous cards Tracy,
I especially liked the one with the buttons on!
Beautiful stamp and stamping!!

Jan x

Ruby said...

Wow Tracey, you have been busy! Love all of these cards, but especially the second one, there is so much to see. I love the butterflies and the ribbon and that little torn off strip, fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful creations, beautiful images! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--all of these cards are FAB! You have been soooo busy! I really like all the images that you used! My fav is the butterfly card--I love the butterflies and the glitter! Beautiful:) Great job on all of these cards! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Suzanne C said...

Love that you start on one card and keep creating several different cards with the same supplies. Love all of the different points of view on the challenge! Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us again at the PDCC!

Julie Ranae said...

Such a lovely addition to this week's gallery over at The Play Date Cafe : )