Thursday 10 June 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

Over on the Play Date Cafe this week the colour challenge is a wonderful combination, in fact one of my favourites, I especially love the raspberry and aqua combined.  Where to begin was my main challenge LOL, when I remembered I had ordered a few postcards from Wendy at The Stamp Attic so that is where I began. However, I only had cream tags left so I drew around one onto white card stock.
I then decided to use my new recently purchased stencil (daisies) again available from The Stamp Attic and I am really pleased with these stencils.  I simply sponged colour through the stencil directly onto the tag (Distress Inks victoria velvet and tumbled glass) and I feel these colours work beautifully together even if I say so myself LOL.
I have then used a Stampington stamp (Floral Document Heart) and some tissue paper to give me this 3D like heart embellishment and once again coloured with Distress Inks.
A few embellishments, a Maya Road bird, ric rac and a couple of small hearts finish my entry for this week.  Have a great Thursday everyone, Tracy x x

12 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art hun, loving that heart x

Lynne Phelps said...

I love this and the sponged distress colors are totally fab on the stenciled flower - love the way Tim's colors mix! Like Hels, I am totally loving that heart!!! I don't understand how you make it so 3D looking from tissue paper? You had another of these on your Wednesday box and I was drooling over that one too! Lovely tag!

Suzanne C said...

Love the effect! Beautiful art! Glad you joined the PDCC this week!

Sue Lelli said...

I REALLY LOVE this! All of the details are just FAB right down to the tiny heart eye on the bird!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! So artsy & creative! Love the stenciled flower :) Thanks so much for playing along with the Play Date Cafe :)

Ruby said...

This is really creative! I love the way you've done the heart, and the little heart on the bird's eye is so cute too!

Lisa Somerville said...

The heart turned out beautifully! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Courtney Baker said...

Very cool! I love the creativity!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, Tracy! Love all the hearts and the darling birdie! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Tracy! This is super--I love that bird and the heart! Great job with the colors and going 3D! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Sarah Anderson said...

Tracy that tissue paper heart is gorgeous! So delicate looking :)

Julie Ranae said...

What a fun and unique way to use this week's colors over in The Cafe, Tracy : )