Thursday 27 May 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge & Sunday Stamper Challenge

Over on the Play Date Cafe Julie has chosen the colour challenge this week.  Beautiful colour inspiration, however, I did find it difficult to find papers in my stash for all these colours so I had to improvise.  I am also adding this artwork for the Sunday Stamper Challenge over on Hels blog.
I have used the Tim Holts Alterations die Fanciful Flight.  The background of the wings is glossy card that I have coloured with alcohol inks, Wild Plum, Raisin and Citrus.  I have then cut the outer wings from Bazzill card and then spritzed the body with Crafty Notions spray Aubergine.
I have placed the Fanciful Flight onto an easel card which is made from Bazzill card and again I have spritzed with the aubergine colour spray.  On the back sheet I attached some string and then sprayed and removed the string to leave a shadow.
Considering I did not have much to play with in these colours I am quite pleased with the finished product.  Have a great Thursday, Tracy x x

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Tracy, this is fabulous! The butterfly is just stunning and love how you improvised and created such a wonderful background! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous butterfly! Love your custom Designer paper :) Thanks so much for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Lisa Somerville said...

You might not had much to play with, but the outcome is wonderful! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design and love your improvisation for the colors! Thanks for playing again with us at PDCC!

Glen said...

Love the card Tracy and that butterfly is beautiful.
I have nominated you an award on my blog. *Ü* ~Glen~

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card Tracy - loving that Die, tis on my wishlist :O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

papertrails leaver said...

how beautiful your easel card is!

Ruby said...

What a pretty easel card Tracy! I LOVE that butterfly, it's so much fun to play with! Thanks for joining in with us again this week at the PDCC!

Rosemary said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! The butterfly is wonderful (and now you are making me have 2nd thoughts about not getting it!!)!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--what a great easel card! I love that huge butterfly! Great card all around:) Thanks for playing along with the PDCC!