Monday 20 May 2019

Mixed Media Spool

Welcome, today I have a mixed media piece using my A4 Stamp Time Flies #143 from AALLandCreate. All products are available from our Stockists, which you can find HERE.

I had an old cardboard spool lying around in my craft room and I thought I would design something with this piece rather than just throw it away.
The background of my piece is decorated with Fresco Finish Paints in Mud Splat, Turquoise, Haystack, Key Lime and Terracotta. adding the colours with my brayer and layering colours over and over to give depth to my design.
This piece was so difficult to photograph, but I am hoping the photo above gives you all the little details. I added stamping, vintage book pages, skeleton leaves and some hand stitching to add further texture to my design.
I incorporated some Chitchat Stickers and some delicate splatters of Smoked Paprika Fresco Finish Paint.
I backed my decorated piece onto a piece of hessian fabric and then added it to my spool.
I love the clock on my A4 stamp and this took centre stage on my artwork.
I also hand stitched the skeleton leaves into place to add further interest.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Tracy x x 
AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.





4 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Redanne said...

Tracy, this is such a beautiful creation! You really have achieved some wonderful depth with the paints and I love the stamping along with the skeleton leaves. Beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Tracy, loving the design and the leaves look wonderful too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Annie said...

Such a clever design using your beautiful stamps Tracy x Love the colours too

Best Wishes
Annie xx